The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This inability to see this slow slide into authoritarianism can be seen right here on this board, what with every crazy proposal or candidate being viewed as a one-off, "hyperbole" and not in anyway perceived as a continuum.  Frog slow boiling so to speak.  Next thing you know an insurrectionist like Gym Jordan is considered mainstream and "the most powerful man in Washington".  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

An unknown FL STATE Legislator proposes a pretty dumb bill that is getting panned on both sides and now we are frog boiling into authoritarian rule as a whole!  

:facepalm:  :laughpound:ahhhhhhhh

If you don’t want that, maybe your party should stop doing things that are so f#&%ing stupid. 

• Plus1 5
  • TBH 1

And there it is.  Right on cue. 

Nevermind the coup attempt on Jan 6th, the continuing coup attempt, and it's leader being the favorite to be reelected in 2024. Nevermind the minimizing of the crimes leading up to that day, on that day, and since that day. 

Nevermind that coup leader's only viable primary challenger is every bit as authoritarian.

Nevermind the continued assault on our institutions in a manner straight out of fascist playbook.  Gaslight about the media, scientists, the intelligence community.  

Nevermind Trump's entire CPAC speech.  If that isn't straight up autocratic foreshadowing, nothing is.

Or the continued gaslighting about  fraudulent elections but only when the party of authoritarianism loses and only by those candidates who lost in those elections. 

Or the fact that Orban, Bolsonaro, Trump and other authoritarians are honored, keynote speakers at CPAC

Or the fact that Republicans hold Putin in higher standing than Biden.  Or that a sizeable percentage of the authoritarian party would destroy NATO and give the keys to the sovereign former countries of the Soviet Union to their ideal leader, Putin himself.

Or that MTG has gained traction with her national divorce nonsense and is now an unquestionable leader of the authoritarian party.

I haven't even touch on the stripping away of a woman's right to make her own health care decisions, or the stripping away of gay and transgender rights, or the suppression of voting rights 

This all didn't happen in one fell swoop.  It's been an erosion. 

But I'm not naive enough to believe that board MAGA emoji man doesn't see all this happening.  He's not who I was referring.  Rather he is good with this slide into an authoritarian state.  Why else would he spend every waking moment of the work week not actually working but trolling?  

Next...expect a whataboutism post complete with shifting goalposts and childish emojis.  It's the template.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Republicans have moved the bar so significantly on corruption that this doesn’t even move the needle for me. This almost seems like welcome behavior compared to all the s#!t Trump and his cohorts have done. Thanks for making America greater d******d.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
9 hours ago, Scarlet said:

But I'm not naive enough to believe that board MAGA emoji man doesn't see all this happening.  He's not who I was referring.  Rather he is good with this slide into an authoritarian state.  Why else would he spend every waking moment of the work week not actually working but trolling?  

Seems you are implying everyone needs to check in with you now Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 to make sure it’s ok to post :lol:  (if you are going to go claim people are trolling, go ahead and make a report to the mods per board rules) 

Next...expect a whataboutism post complete with shifting goalposts and childish emojis.

Should we let the mods know that the board approves emojis are now childish.  :facepalm:

Nevermind the continued assault on our institutions in a manner straight out of fascist playbook.  Gaslight about the media, scientists, the intelligence community

While we are at it, I mean sure, we could talk about getting rid of the filibuster (assault on an institution), packing SCOTUS (assault on an institution), getting rid of EC (assault on an institution), adding Senators based on population (assault on institution), getting rid of police departments (assault on institution), decrying the scientist report from DOE (assault on scientists) etc..etc..etc…

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1