The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Wait until they hear about the Catholic Church!

Seriously, if you want to protect children, ban them from attending a Catholic Church.

Didn't see any pictures of this supposed smut

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Wait until they hear about the Catholic Church!

Seriously, if you want to protect children, ban them from attending a Catholic Church.

I thought we were talking about Florida school libraries though:dunno

has the conversation suddenly moved to Catholic Churches for some particular reason 

• Plus1 2

“You reform the entitlements, but you do it in a way that you don’t take anything away from seniors or people who are getting ready to retire. You focus on the new generation, you focus on what’s next,” said Haley, who served as US ambassador to the United Nations under Trump.

Someone knows their voter base. 

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

“You reform the entitlements, but you do it in a way that you don’t take anything away from seniors or people who are getting ready to retire. You focus on the new generation, you focus on what’s next,” said Haley, who served as US ambassador to the United Nations under Trump.

Someone knows their voter base. 

I'm no Haley fan. And, I'm not supporting cutting SS.

But, if they were to look at making changes to SS, she is actually correct.  You need to be looking at making the changes effective for people maybe 30 years and younger.  So, if they want to raise the retirement age to 70, the rule really wouldn't affect anyone for 40 years.

• TBH 1
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I thought we were talking about Florida school libraries though:dunno

has the conversation suddenly moved to Catholic Churches for some particular reason 

Oh, I'm just making a point about the charade of conservatives. 

If the goal is to protect children, I think it's best to protect them from a well documented network of predators who used their power and influence to systemically rape children for decades and cover it up. 

This is in contrast to the perceived harm and undocumented toil these books have on children - who have access to smartphones and can type "boobs" into the search bar whenever they want. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, if they were to look at making changes to SS, she is actually correct.  You need to be looking at making the changes effective for people maybe 30 years and younger.  So, if they want to raise the retirement age to 70, the rule really wouldn't affect anyone for 40 years.

Correct.   Which is why is quite stupid when Democrats say Republicans want to take seniors benefits away.  Or run ads showing someone pushing “granny” off a cliff.  They know that crap sells to scared seniors even though policy changes wouldn’t affect them.  

• Haha 2
  • TBH 2

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Disagree. 

I'd say that the issues with Social Security have been well documented for decades. The voting behavior of current SS recipients has led to the problems of Social Security to be unresolved. Why should a new generation of tax payers subsidize the voting behavior of current seniors?

They had their chances to address SS for decades and they chose not to. 

Fund the system for everybody.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Correct.   Which is why is quite stupid when Democrats say Republicans want to take seniors benefits away.  Or run ads showing someone pushing “granny” off a cliff.  They know that crap sells to scared seniors even though policy changes wouldn’t affect them.  

Well....then Republicans need to get better at messaging.  This is the first time I've heard or seen any Republican politician state that it would concentrating on making the changes for people that are currently young.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is in contrast to the perceived harm and undocumented toil these books have on children - who have access to smartphones and can type "boobs" into the search bar whenever they want

Ohhhhh, so you mean these books literally are not banned through the state of Florida and kids can read them online anytime they want, or go to a public library and check them out.   The restriction for some of the books is just in school libraries.   Glad we sorted that falsehood out.  

Question based on your post…..since kids can get on line and type “boobs” whenever they want are you suggesting we should just allow an anything goes approach to school libraries?   Ya know, since they can type whatever they want at home online anyways? 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Disagree. 

I'd say that the issues with Social Security have been well documented for decades. The voting behavior of current SS recipients has led to the problems of Social Security to be unresolved. Why should a new generation of tax payers subsidize the voting behavior of current seniors?

They had their chances to address SS for decades and they chose not to. 

Fund the system for everybody.

Hey, I'm not for making changes like raising the age to 70. 

Yes, funding is where changes can be made.  Raise the limit of pay that gets taxed for SS and the problem pretty much goes away.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....then Republicans need to get better at messaging.  This is the first time I've heard or seen any Republican politician state that it would concentrating on making the changes for people that are currently young.

What???   It’s NEVER been anything but what you just described.  

Have you ever heard a Republican say current retirees  or close to retirement age folks would need to take a cut.  Or I should at least say a serious Republican proposal?  

• Plus1 1