The Republican Utopia

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Can our resident moral expert explain why this should be less troubling than a drag performer? 

It's tone deaf, but as I said, probably not that uncommon in the grand scheme of things.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

It's tone deaf, but as I said, probably not that uncommon in the grand scheme of things.

Hard to say. Maybe you raffled off shotguns for years in rural communities, but at this point in 2023 you really can't be deaf to the issue of guns, high schools and mass shootings. AR-15's are designed to rapidly kill as many humans as possible. I think the grand scheme of things would like that pointed out. 

If I had to choose between Tone Deaf and Act of Defiance, I'd put my money on the latter. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

59 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Whether it's common or not, is it moral or good or emblematic of a healthy culture?

Meh...in general, I don't have a problem with it.  Now, for a school to raffle off an AR-15.....that's tone deaf and over the top.

I've won guns before at events and they are some of my favorite guns.  But, they are more normal hunting type guns.  Also, whenever I've won one, there is a background check done before it's given to me.  So, I'm more OK with that than anyone being able to go to a gunshow and just buy one without a background check.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not following along onto what’s masterful?   Is that a judges job to try and dunk on politicians:dunno

A judge's court convicts a murderer.  A pathetic governor decides immediately, without any real information on the case, to pardon the murderer.  It appears to me, this was how the judge decided to try to get the pathetic governor to change his mind.

I'm OK with a judge, in this situation, doing what's needed to keep a murderer off the streets.

• Plus1 3
30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

A judge's court convicts a murderer.  A pathetic governor decides immediately, without any real information on the case, to pardon the murderer.  It appears to me, this was how the judge decided to try to get the pathetic governor to change his mind.

I'm OK with a judge, in this situation, doing what's needed to keep a murderer off the streets.

good thing the judge is trying to keep a murderer off the street since the gov want him free.   the only fact that mattered to abbot was that the killer was a right wing lunatic so he was going to free him

• Plus1 3