The Republican Utopia

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe, but that doesn’t answer the question either

I don't know if it was a brilliant move, I just took it as Abbott not researching the validity of the charges and spouting off too soon before the evidence came to light.  I swear as soon as he was found guilty, he was out saying to pardon him.   If he would have just waited 48-72 hours, I'm sure all of this would have come out and he wouldn't be in this predicament.   This more a lesson to be patient than a judge waiting to dunk on him.   At least, that's what I hope.

34 minutes ago, commando said:

Ftsao9RWAAA3lY_?format=jpg&name=small

Perfect.

What I want to know is, how/why does a lower level Massachusetts National guardsman have access to this sort of classified information in the first place?

Seems to me our whole classified/top secret systems need to be revamped. We’ve got Trump/Biden/Pence carelessly handling info and leaving it wherever like it’s no more important than a fast food receipt. Now we have young Spanky Teixeira gaining access and divulging secrets. It seems classifying everything as top secret has backfired and nobody is taking any of it seriously. If something is actually, really top secret, not even the President should be allowed to take it to their country club. Maybe we need more of those guys that transport the nuclear football to be in charge of keeping track of these documents….and way less things being classified to begin with.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, ZRod said:

A lot of small towns have gun raffles for local events. Usually it's a shot gun or sporting rifle. Not that uncommon.

Yep it’s not all that uncommon but I can’t say I’ve ever seen a high school raffle an AR-15 before. That seems at the very least highly inappropriate. IDK, maybe the folks in Ohio aren’t aware of the rash of mass shootings that have occurred at schools :facepalm:

On a side note, my late father in law won a Ducks Unlimited special edition Remington 870 12 gauge in a raffle drawing and gave it to my son. It’s pretty nice.

• Plus1 1