The Republican Utopia

On 4/27/2023 at 10:17 AM, Archy1221 said:

Simple question.  Do you think the country can sustain this level of yearly debt increase with no future harm? 

Japan's debt to GDP ratio is considerably higher than the Untited States. It's certainly possible that the level of spending can stay high, although I'm not an Economist.

What I do know is that the Republican party is extraordinarily unserious about reducing debt or setting spending levels because their last 50 years of deficit spending and cutting taxes on the highest earners tell me as much. If they made any serious efforts, I'd be okay with it. But they couldn't be less serious. It's all theater and no substance. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2

9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Japan's debt to GDP ratio is considerably higher than the Untited States. It's certainly possible that the level of spending can stay high, although I'm not an Economist.

What I do know is that the Republican party is extraordinarily unserious about reducing debt or setting spending levels because their last 50 years of deficit spending and cutting taxes on the highest earners tell me as much. If they made any serious efforts, I'd be okay with it. But they couldn't be less serious. It's all theater and no substance. 

Here is Japan’s historic economic growth rates since you want to be like them.  I will pass on wanting to be like Japan.  

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/JPN/japan/gdp-growth-rate

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Japan's economic growth rate has little to do with its debt and has a lot more to do with its rapidly shrinking population. 

I think you will find most world economists believe Japans debt is a bad thing.  Its biggest line item expenditure will probably soon be debt service payments.   That’s…….not good. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I think you will find most world economists believe Japans debt is a bad thing.  Its biggest line item expenditure will probably soon be debt service payments.   That’s…….not good. 

I think you'll find that the level of debt an economy can sustain is fairly undetermined. What's more, government spending is currently accounting for nearly all of the economic growth in the economy at the moment. 

Economic outcomes are determined by availability of workers, if the workforce population is growing, and large government spending. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder how Brigette’s suggestion would play with younger voters. And, what military action is she going to send all these draftees to?

Shes just another example of an idiot. 

Sending 18 year olds to war against their will ought to do wonders for gaining support of the 40-60 housewife vote…

But we can’t call these people idiots.  I’m not sure why, but it garners a suspension…

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

On 4/30/2023 at 8:03 AM, Archy1221 said:

Ya instead of taking Pink News as a source, you would be better off looking at the bill or using a legitimate source.  It does not say you must be producing ova.:laughpound

Spreading fake news to try and dunk on a bill is kinda goofy. 

https://apnews.com/article/transgender-rights-bathroom-law-kansas-b3d068afa2bc02bb15314ee04e8e3899

The new law declares that females have a reproductive system at birth “developed to produce ova,” while males have one “developed to fertilize the ova.”

I know women who do not ovulate and they can not get pregnant. 

I also have a relative who is male and can not produce sperm to fertilize the ova.

So....I guess they can use whatever bathroom they want?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

https://apnews.com/article/transgender-rights-bathroom-law-kansas-b3d068afa2bc02bb15314ee04e8e3899

I know women who do not ovulate and they can not get pregnant. 

I also have a relative who is male and can not produce sperm to fertilize the ova.

So....I guess they can use whatever bathroom they want?

You are not reading the actual words you wrote. “Developed to produce ova”.  That does not say or mean “capable of”.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1