The Republican Utopia

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And he said this where?  :laughpound

You are the one who previously posted incorrect information about what was/wasn’t in the spending bill.   The Speaker was literally on record in interviews saying those things you claim to be on the chopping block, we’re not on the chopping block.  I can’t help that you’re upset you were completely wrong, but at least be honest with the discussion.  

It just really passes way over your head that the bill that was passed, wasn't the bill we were talking about.  :laughpound  

And, you obviously didn't listen to his comments that were posted.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It just really passes way over your head that the bill that was passed, wasn't the bill we were talking about.  :laughpound  

And, you obviously didn't listen to his comments that were posted.

I did listen.  Now I would love for you to listen to the clip and compare that to the description your twitter guy posted.   They are not the same.   

as far as the spending and debt limit bill goes, still waiting for you to show us where Medicare, social security, and VA benefits were on the chopping block for cuts.  :laughpound  (We know you won’t because you can’t).  

Like I said before, you were wrong, and it’s ok, it’s just weird you seem to want to double and triple down on being wrong.   

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I did listen.  Now I would love for you to listen to the clip and compare that to the description your twitter guy posted.   They are not the same.   

as far as the spending and debt limit bill goes, still waiting for you to show us where Medicare, social security, and VA benefits were on the chopping block for cuts.  :laughpound  (We know you won’t because you can’t).  

Like I said before, you were wrong, and it’s ok, it’s just weird you seem to want to double and triple down on being wrong.   

I'm realizing you wouldn't understand.  You obviously didn't understand that the bill that was passed wasn't the same as what was being discussed.  If you did, you would have realized coming puffing up your chest as proof of you being right was....well....quite laughable.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

For you me thinks.

Of course for me, but if you think of how any politician would respond in these given situations, most would react similar to DeSantis. It's actually pretty rare for a candidate to open the floor to questions at a speech or rally. 

I'd like to concentrate on his willfully cruel stunts and policies and not pretend some awkward cackle of a laugh is proof of his unfitness.  There's no need to get petty when there's bigger and better low-hanging fruit, and I think it can get counter-productive. 

• Plus1 2

Sorry but when you're a presidential candidate this kind of S*$t just sticks more in people's minds.  People will make judgements whether or not you or anyone else think it's 'low hanging fruit'.  This 100% was who he is but this wasn't the first time for him getting tough with a reporter either.

The bigger picture that today's Republican star doesn't seem to want to grasp is that going the whole MAGA moa of I say what I want and do what I want isn't the brightest move/tactic as far as getting/not hemorrhaging more votes.  I'd say it's just the opposite.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

In other news, a family of MAGAts in Omaha lost everything in a house fire.  Witnesses claim the fire was a very slow spreading fire, but the family refused to call the fire department because the department is woke.

Just got an email at work for Motor City Pride (an annual event that's been going on for a long time), and it reminded me of the Rainbow Ford Raptors... So I opened the event website out of curiosity and... I think Y'all Qaeda and MAGAts are going to have to go back to the 19th century. Here's a list of the sponsors

Website-Sponsors-23-1024x916.png

They can't fly, buy cars, furniture, cellphones, groceries, insurance, gas, bank, watch tv, football, gamble, go to college, workout, eat, go to the hospital, or get a mortgage.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Of course for me, but if you think of how any politician would respond in these given situations, most would react similar to DeSantis. It's actually pretty rare for a candidate to open the floor to questions at a speech or rally. 

I'd like to concentrate on his willfully cruel stunts and policies and not pretend some awkward cackle of a laugh is proof of his unfitness.  There's no need to get petty when there's bigger and better low-hanging fruit, and I think it can get counter-productive. 

I agree. Constant complaining about the minor stuff dilutes the real egregious issues. And it has the negative effect of reinforcing the idea that some underserving someone or some thing is after them. When everything gets treated the same way, people become numb and then nobody is concerned about the right things.

With people like Trump and Desantis, we really don’t need to make mountains out of mole hills. There are more than enough mountains on their own.

• Plus1 1