The Republican Utopia

Maybe he should realize that he represents ALL of the memebers of his district, not just his constituents?

If he really believes in what he is doing and is well informed, and he should be well informed since he wanted to be President, he should have no issue explaining his position thoroughly and expanding on any questions asked of him regardless of backlash from his opposition.

• Fire 1

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/836313817084751873

That whole tweetstorm is pretty eye-opening. How closely do we draw the connection between this and the new Trump-led GOP? I don't want to toss them under the bus if the consensus is that it's out of their hands, but at the same time I've long had a problem with his rhetoric and I don't remember of wave of antisemitism (or Islamophobia for that matter) sweeping the nation under President Obama.

This is no longer a PC vs. non-PC culture. This is wrong. Period.

• Fire 1

Trump has said and done some really really stupid things in the election and since he has taken office. However, I'm surprised there is a rise in attacks and threats towards Jewish people and places. Of all the religions or races that have been in the news, I have to say he has said more pro jewish things than anything. After all....how many times have we been told his son in law is Jewish.

I'm struggling to see where these disgusting people are all of a sudden feel emboldened to attack jewish people at this high of rate.

Trump has said and done some really really stupid things in the election and since he has taken office. However, I'm surprised there is a rise in attacks and threats towards Jewish people and places. Of all the religions or races that have been in the news, I have to say he has said more pro jewish things than anything. After all....how many times have we been told his son in law is Jewish.

I'm struggling to see where these disgusting people are all of a sudden feel emboldened to attack jewish people at this high of rate.

Do you know how/why/in what context white supremacy started?

Steve Bannon

• Fire 3

Apropos to the above post, and Gabby Giffords eviscerating any excuse Republicans have for dodging their constituents, Marco Rubio chimes in:

Rubio: No town hall because of 'liberal activists'

MIAMI — Sen. Marco Rubio said he has not held an open forum with constituents because the room would be packed by “liberal activists” and wouldn't be productive.

Rubio told CBS4-Miami interviewer Jim DeFede on Sunday that liberal groups would organize hundreds of protestors, show up early and take all the seats. They would then ask all the questions, many of them about his opposition to the Affordable Care Act.

He said they would boo no matter what answer he gave in hopes that would be shown on television.

The Republican senator said their goal would be to make it seem like he lacks support even though he won re-election in November.

He said he would hold a town hall if he thought the conversation would be productive, but he doesn't.

If he has so much support, no matter what the "Liberal activists" try to do to rig his audience, couldn't his loyal supporters shout them down? Couldn't his loyal supporters get there earlier and fill the audience?

Trump embraced the white racists in America. He gladly accepted endorsements from the kkk and practically all other white nationalist hate groups.

He removed white hate groups from the list classifying them as terrorist organizations.

So even though he may not necessarily hold anti-LBGTQIA or Jewish sentiments: a large percentage of his supporters do.

When Trump stands by and does nothing to stop the bigotry and hatred, it emboldens the racists and bigots. Silence is equal to complicity and guilt.