The Republican Utopia

The revitalization of the Republican party may be found in the younger generation of Republicans as this article notes.   This group of young Repubs

suspended support for Moore - something the state party has not done.  Good for them.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/politics/2017/11/20/young-conservatives-speak-out-against-moore-support-it-not-win-our-party/875738001/

Quote:

Young professionals and the urban enclaves they often flock to have never been strong performers for Moore, who typically attracts an older and rural voter pool. 

But these young conservative voters are also the future of their party, and they're are less focused on social issues like gay marriage and abortion, core tenets of Moore's evangelical base.

“I’ve spoken to Moore before, spoken to a lot of his supporters and surrogates, and I haven’t seen a consistent policy there, other than that abortion and gay marriage are evil. I am a very conservative, evangelical Christian. But I don’t think that Christianity begins and ends with abortion and gay marriage,” Michael Bullington told the Montgomery Advertiser this week.

Many are now grappling with the idea of a state party who is sticking beside Moore despite numerous calls for him to withdraw.

On Saturday, the Young Republican Federation of Alabama suspended support for Moore's candidacy, calling for Moore to step aside if he is "unable or unwilling to clearly and convincingly" refute the allegations against him.

The resolution marks a public break from the state Republican Party steering committee, which issued a statement Thursday in support of Moore.