The Republican Utopia

6 minutes ago, commando said:

on fox news they are saying jones is a lame duck senator though.  he has 0% chance of winning next time.  they may be right.....but for now this is the correct result in so many ways.

now back to russia is a hoax and the fbi is bad from fox.

Although I would never underestimate the power of being incumbency.

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

How much did Alabama's other Senator, Richard Shelby, end up mattering when he told voters to write-in another Republican instead of voting for Moore or Jones? Looks like the write in will be 1.7% and Jones's margin of victory around 1%, so sane Republicans ended up mattering a LOT.

It should widen as the remaining vote is from Jefferson County which is pro-Jones county of Birmingham, but subjectively... heck yeah. Enough GOP voters of conscious either couldn't turn out for Moore or wrote in someone else.

Subjectively, I saw reporting that very little mention was made of Shelby (or the story about the addition to the yearbook signature) at exit polling. They suggested both events happened too late to have much impact.

Still, good for Shelby, good for Alabama, good for the country.

• Plus1 1
Just now, dudeguyy said:

It should widen as the remaining vote is from Jefferson County which is pro-Jones county of Birmingham, but subjectively... heck yeah. Enough GOP voters of conscious either couldn't turn out for Moore or wrote in someone else.

Subjectively, I saw reporting that very little mention was made of Shelby (or the story about the addition to the yearbook signature) at exit polling. They suggested both events happened too late to have much impact.

Still, good for Shelby, good for Alabama, good for the country.

Difference is 0.9% with 98% reporting, so not going to widen.

On 12/10/2017 at 4:33 PM, dudeguyy said:

Boy, it sure would be sweet if Doug Jones found a way to pull out Alabama on Tuesday. I'm not counting on it, but you never know.

If he does, I can always look back on this egregious load of crap and smile about the time Donald Trump tried desperately to get the people of Alabama to put a pedophile and hateful, wrongheaded bigot in the Senate... and failed.

VICTORY BUMP! For posterity.

Trump's got to own this now, as does Bannon. There's no deleting of the endorsement tweets on this one. 

It's got to be an interesting feeling to put your seal of approval on a credibly-accused child predator... and come up short. 

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 2