The Republican Utopia

59 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The problem is that for years you could point to words like "Harvard Grad" and use that to check your "merit" box. The language of success in the business world has largely been entrenched, serving the same people who check off the same boxes, but who may not be bringing any more merit than the guy --- or even a lady! -- who comes from a lower tier career path.

Really good post and totally agree 

Nope - not a cult :facepalm:

Cult: Let's name Oceans after Trump

A proposed bill from a House Republican would rename coastal waters around the US after former president Donald Trump, whose administration rolled back dozens of environmental rules while he was in office.

Legislation from Florida Representative Greg Steube would rename the US Exclusive Economic Zone to the “Donald John Trump Exclusive Economic Zone of the United States.”

That area spans roughly 4.3 million nautical miles and “extends no more than 200 nautical miles from the territorial sea baseline and is adjacent to the 12 nautical mile territorial sea of the US” and its territories, according to the National Ocean Service.

• TBH 1

2 minutes ago, commando said:

there are no wrong answers.    except maybe lauren boebert.

Remember though, she went to college and has a degree so she must be smarter about (insert degree topic here) than any of us.  

Or so I was told here.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Remember though, she went to college and has a degree so she must be smarter about (insert degree topic here) than any of us.  

Or so I was told here.  

i didn't know they gave degrees for consuming and regurgitating BS.

39 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Or so I was told here.  

You weren't told that.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

You weren't told that.

I was...because if someone has a degree in economics they are smarter than anyone on that topic that doesn't have that degree.

Just like, if you have a degree in education, you are smarter than anyone that doesn't have that degree in education, right?  

I disagree 100%, it was just something that was posted.

• TBH 2