The Republican Utopia

45 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

2weymtd.png

Here ^^^^ it is folks, the beginning of America's christian theocracy.  Where non-whites, non-christians, immigrants, and LBGTQIA are all going to be targeted for abuse, harrassment, jail, and even killed.

A long time ago I told every single one of you what the christian right ultimate goals were.  This is the beginning.  It is time for every straight, cis person on this board to do more than just say you support LBGTQIA people.  Now is the time to call your elected representative, multiple times, and let them know that this bulls#!t is not only not right, but grossly violates the 1st Amendmemt and long standing history of separation of church and state.

If you truly believe in equal rights for everyone, if you truly believe that LBGTQIA people should be free to live their lives without being bullied, threatened, harrassed, jailed, or killed...if you truly believe in equality, now is the time to get involved.  

This is a fight that gays, lesbians, transgender, non-gender conforming, non-binary people...we cannot win this fight on our own any more.  Not with this corrupt, racist, bigoted, neo-nazi regime in power.  We need your help now more than ever.

Christians have all the power in this country. If you wanted to be elected as a politician, you almost have to be Christian or pretend to be. They're not a persecuted group although they think they are. I don't trust this at all due to who it's coming from and I fear what it could lead to. They're creating in it the name of protecting religious freedom but in reality it's obvious they only want to protect Christians. This isn't being created because they care about religious people who are actually persecuted in the U.S.

All of that said, they haven't violated any amendments. All you've given is this quote. Nothing's actually been done. Also, Sessions could be gone within the next 2 years in 5 months. I know that seems like a long time but this can be stopped by the next head of the Justice Department.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Christians have all the power in this country. If you wanted to be elected as a politician, you almost have to be Christian or pretend to be. They're not a persecuted group although they think they are. I don't trust this at all due to who it's coming from and I fear what it could lead to. They're creating in it the name of protecting religious freedom but in reality it's obvious they only want to protect Christians. This isn't being created because they care about religious people who are actually persecuted in the U.S.

All of that said, they haven't violated any amendments. All you've given is this quote. Nothing's actually been done. Also, Sessions could be gone within the next 2 years in 5 months. I know that seems like a long time but this can be stopped by the next head of the Justice Department.

Waiting is a luxury we don't have.

Sessions, Trump, Pence...they're not going anywhere.  Democrats at the national level are, from what I can see, completely incompetent.  I sincerely doubt they'll win enough seats in Congress in the mid-term elections to make any differences.

I'll add more to this when I have more time...

19 minutes ago, Fru said:

Tell me again about joining the GOP for their "fiscal responsibility" 

Steve Mnuchin would like you know he's a very serious person and the tax cuts will pay for thmselves. And this whole thing isn't just a game of send the rich people to Washington to help other rich people get richer.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Waiting is a luxury we don't have.

Sessions, Trump, Pence...they're not going anywhere.  Democrats at the national level are, from what I can see, completely incompetent.  I sincerely doubt they'll win enough seats in Congress in the mid-term elections to make any differences.

I'll add more to this when I have more time...

Then there is nothing you can do except start shooting people. Voting them out is pretty much our only option. Calling representatives might help a little but GOP reps have shown they won’t go against much that Trump does.

Also, calling a rep complaining the way you are in this post will make you sound crazy. They haven’t even done anything yet. You’re just going off how you assume it will be used. I do agree it’s only going to be used to help Christians. More specifically it will probably be used to help Christians persecute others, e.g. gay people.

10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Then there is nothing you can do except start shooting people. Voting them out is pretty much our only option. Calling representatives might help a little but GOP reps have shown they won’t go against much that Trump does.

Also, calling a rep complaining the way you are in this post will make you sound crazy. They haven’t even done anything yet. You’re just going off how you assume it will be used. I do agree it’s only going to be used to help Christians. More specifically it will probably be used to help Christians persecute others, e.g. gay people.

I am well aware of the differences in tone required in conversations in real life versus posting my concerns on a message board.  I may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but I'm not the dim one either.

Here is why I am asking people like you (I'm just being descriptive, not denigrating) to call, email, tweet, etc not only POTUS, but Pence, Sessions, and your local state Congressmen/women and Senators...

This administration has proven repeatedly that they don't give a damn about people like us (non-whites, non-christians, lbgtqia, immigrants).

It is only people like you (white, cis, hetero, and christian) that this administration will listen to and care about.  Your voices are the only ones they will hear.

I am literally pleading with you to raise your voice in defense of the people who need the most protection.

We cannot do this on our own.  This administration just doesn't give a s#!t about us.

If enough of you speak up, we have a punchers chance in this fight.  If none of you speak up, we already lost and no amount of fighting will help us.

Please support us and raise your voices...you're the only people this administration cares about and will listen to.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I didn’t know where to put this...so I’ll just put it here. 

Its been an interesting week. 

And, so many republicans believe this crap. 

I want him to get his comeuppance for lying his ass off every minute of every day. Preferrably before he goes to Hell.

• Plus1 2