The Republican Utopia

5 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

The highlighted part...oh for the love of ...........

The part in red...not the point.

So you just ignore the sources I provided earlier, then ask for them again...

:bang  :facepalm:  :bang  :facepalm:

The highlighted part in red is true. Read the Constitution sometime. 

So where do we get to the point where an employer is expected to pay all someone’s bills via some ‘living wage,’ regardless of what they’re for? You completely failed to answer that question.

4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

There hasn't been a clear answer to that yet, but there is a consensus that what is currently happening is unamerican and inhumane and it needs to change. As the discussion evloves proposal will be brought forward as they always are.

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/564752/

From Benrie

The problem with eliminating ICE with nothing to replace it is you’d have no real immigration enforcement. Unless, of course, that’s not a problem, as that’s the real goal. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

The problem with eliminating ICE with nothing to replace it is you’d have no real immigration enforcement. Unless, of course, that’s not a problem, as that’s the real goal. 

This isn't the discussion being had and you know it. 

Also, can we define what the Lions share is because last time I checked the rich had a much lower tax burden than the rest of us. Mitt seemed to be getting of pretty easy compared to my 25% effective rate.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

This isn't the discussion being had and you know it. 

Also, can we define what the Lions share is because last time I checked the rich had a much lower tax burden than the rest of us. Mitt seemed to be getting of pretty easy compared to my 25% effective rate.

You’re assuming the Democrats want to replace ICE with some other agency that will enforce our immigration laws. Given their rhetoric, I’m not sure that’s true. Some Democrats seem not to want immigration laws at all.

The latest federal income tax data reported by the IRS shows that the top 1 percent of income earners pay 39.5 percent of all federal income taxes, nearly twice the 20.6 percent share of national income they earn. The entire bottom 50 percent of all taxpayers pay 2.7 percent of federal income taxes, which is only a small fraction (about one fourth) of their share of national income.

The top 1 percent, indeed, pay a much bigger share of federal income taxes than the entire bottom 90 percent of income earners, who pay only 29.1 percent of federal income taxes, while earning 53 percent of national income. That means as well that the top 1 percent pay a bigger share of income taxes than the entire middle class combined, defined as the middle 20 percent of income earners.

http://observer.com/2017/08/income-tax-reform-top-one-percent/

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The highlighted part in red is true. Read the Constitution sometime. 

So where do we get to the point where an employer is expected to pay all someone’s bills via some ‘living wage,’ regardless of what they’re for? You completely failed to answer that question.

1 Timothy 5: 18 "For the scripture says, you shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain, and the laborer is worthy of his wages."

Which means, that people who work are worth a wage they can live on.  I am not saying they should be paid millions, because that's clearly reserved for CEOs and executives at a 400-1,300 times rate.

;)

Plainly stated, in America, as rich as this country is, there is no conceivable excuse--other than blatant runaway greed by those at the top--that those who work hard every day, busting their humps, to make the companies they work for go and be profitable...There is no reason they shouldn't be paid wages they can live on.  

Oh...no...but we can't do THAT!!!!!!  If we did, the CEOs and executives would "only" make 100-300x what the average person in their company makes!!!  How terrible for them!!!

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You’re assuming the Democrats want to replace ICE with some other agency that will enforce our immigration laws. Given their rhetoric, I’m not sure that’s true. Some Democrats seem not to want immigration laws at all.

http://observer.com/2017/08/income-tax-reform-top-one-percent/

If I followed the link, the Lions share doesn't seem so big... $143 billion difference. For the people who actually do the work in this country.

In 2014, the top 1 percent of taxpayers accounted for more income taxes paid than the bottom 90 percent combined. The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid $543 billion, or 39.48 percent of all income taxes, while the bottom 90 percent paid $400 billion, or 29.12 percent of all income taxes.

6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

If I followed the link, the Lions share doesn't seem so big... $143 billion difference. For the people who actually do the work in this country.

Don't you know ZRod, its the shareholders who worked hard, thats obviously why they are rich. If you tax them alot then who will even want to be rich anymore?? Just too much of a hassle.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

So the Border Patrol doesn't actually exist?  Gotcha.

Actually the Boarder Patrol's jurisdiction stops at 100 miles from any international border. Which is why ICE falls under Homeland Security.

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Actually the Boarder Patrol's jurisdiction stops at 100 miles from any international border. Which is why ICE falls under Homeland Security.

Absolutely correct. I really think the liberals who want to eliminate ICE are opposed to immigration enforcement. Many of them seem to want open borders. They certainly can't articulate what immigration laws they would support.

Don’t they deal with two different issues too ? Border patrol tries to stop illegal border crossings , and ICE deals more with  deporting the ones who living here illegally . I’m sure there are a handful who want to do away with ICE but just like anything else,  extremes won’t work . It doesn’t need to be a draconian,  barbaric,  thing like Trump seems to endorse,  but it is a necessary program that shouldn’t be abolished . 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

1% of people are paying $134 billion more than another 90%.

That 1% also owns 40% of the nation's wealth, and only pays 39.5% of the taxes.  1 percenters,

They aren't the ones struggling to get by.

• Plus1 2