The Republican Utopia

Lol. Don't let Tami Lahren let you question anything Moiraine. I mean, by all means, question away, just not because of her.

Tami is... not a good person.

Seeing as I'm Christian I have lots of Christians on my FB.

The ones who are in their 60s have become downright a$$hole$ basically overnight (or in one year) since Trump's candidacy.

Lol. Don't let Tami Lahren let you question anything Moiraine. I mean, by all means, question away, just not because of her.

The ones who are in their 60s have become downright a$$hole$ basically overnight (or in one year) since Trump's candidacy.

I've found myself in the same spot, Moiraine. It is hard to try and wrap your head around some people's value systems. Hopefully, this week in Omaha there will be an inter-faith worship service of some kind. I have a family member involved in the ELCA Nebraska Synod, and he mentioned Lutheran Family Services is trying to organize a worship style gathering. Christians are just like any other group of people, it is made up of really awesome people and jerks. Try to focus on the awesome and join them, so hopefully we can rub off on the "jerks" by example.

• Fire 1

I'm floored by some of the people I see happily throwing support behind Trump and praising him on mine.

Some really smart, really religious folks I liked a lot growing up. A lot of them seem to have gone all in since Trump announced he was pro-life and the rest is just noise.

That was actually a fake account, Cant believe I'm defending Tomi. However to feel better

Tomi is awful. She's from Rapid and threw a fit until she got her own special personal parking spot, because having to cross the street was "too far to walk"

She was given the spot that was reserved for the school liaison officer. So her actual saying of "blue lives matter" is "blue lives matter but their parking spots don't"

That was actually a fake account, Cant believe I'm defending Tomi. However to feel better

Tomi is awful. She's from Rapid and threw a fit until she got her own special personal parking spot, because having to cross the street was "too far to walk"

She was given the spot that was reserved for the school liaison officer. So her actual saying of "blue lives matter" is "blue lives matter but their parking spots don't"

Precious snowflake.

I'm floored by some of the people I see happily throwing support behind Trump and praising him on mine.

Some really smart, really religious folks I liked a lot growing up. A lot of them seem to have gone all in since Trump announced he was pro-life and the rest is just noise.

Ya that's what I'm dealing with too. I've got 3 Christian women I've known since I was old enough to recognize people's faces. I can't believe the hatred they've been spewing. I actually deleted one because I couldn't give a crap anymore if I was going to hurt anyone's feelings.

I'm just thankful my mom didn't fall into this trap. She's pro-life, born again Christian, voted all Republicans up until 2004. But she saw that the party was changing and didn't agree with it.

No, it's good. It's better to defend someone wrongly accused, even someone you hate, than to sit idly by while they are attacked.

• Fire 6

Good call, Bigred. I did go "Wasn't her name Tomi" but didn't investigate fur ther than that. Thanks for clearing it up.

No problem. I have no doubt she believes it, the parody account posts lots her non sensible ramblings. She possibly posted it then deleted it.

If dirt is needed on her I've got stories for you all.

To be fair, I feel like that sort of hypocrisy flows on both sides.... This isn't related to the Supreme Court, just an article that I came across yesterday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/opinion/sunday/if-donald-trump-targets-journalists-thank-obama.html?_r=1

Criticism of Mr. Obama’s stance on press freedom, government transparency and secrecy is hotly disputed by the White House, but many journalism groups say the record is clear. Over the past eight years, the administration has prosecuted nine cases involving whistle-blowers and leakers, compared with only three by all previous administrations combined.

“I am a strong believer in the First Amendment and the need for journalists to pursue every lead and every angle,” Mr. Obama said in an interview with the Rutgers University student newspaper.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/obama-trump-media-last-press-conference-233751

On Wednesday afternoon, Obama will direct this message at someone far closer to home: Donald Trump.

In an interview with POLITICO, White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Obama will use his final news conference to highlight his concerns about the restrictions on the media that the president-elect put in place during his campaign and transition, and what it might mean for his administration.

“The media environment is challenging, and the news media and the journalists who cover the White House will be challenged to rise to the occasion and adapt to the changing environment,” said Earnest, in an interview ahead of Wednesday. “I know the president is interested in showing his support for their efforts to do that.”

• Fire 1

I agree, Oade. But I would stress that there are THREE sides: Republican, Democrat, and a burgeoning Independent group.

This is nitpicky and I'm not focusing this at you, but it bothers me when we say "both sides" as if there are only two.

This has been your daily knapplc "get off my lawn!" moment. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled thread. :D

Obama is not the hero people think he is.

Nor is he the villain he's often made out to be.

Not picking on you specifically, but I feel like if I were to say something along those same lines about Trump, at least half a dozen other posters would ask me to verify my claims with proof of some sort... Which I think is the basis for most of the complaints from many people's within the p&r/ostracize thread.

Trump is not the hero his biggest supporters make him out to be.

Nor is he the villain his opponents make him out to be.

• Fire 1