The Republican Utopia

7 hours ago, Landlord said:

The only actual Democrat I know of currently posting is Clifford. I'm assuming that nmhusker identifies as liberal if not also as Democrat, and assume the same about Moiraine. The rest of us are somewhere in the middle, but when literally everything is to your left, well, everything is going to look super left.

The, "If you get your news from any source my partisan right mind doesn't agree with then you're being brainwashed" bit would be unspeakably funny if it wasn't so frustrating and pitiful.

So will you be voting for Republican in your local house race coming up...same question for other self proclaimed Independents that take side with the Democrat view 90% of the time? 

Also if you truly do not believe those 5 media sites are liberal you are kidding yourself.  Thats like saying the NY Post and the Washington Times and Fox News do not skew Conservative.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Final round of layoffs planned at Carrier plant Trump promised to save

Sorry, to all the "real conservative" for being a meanie and piling on...

Citing one company from 2017 does not speak to the macro manufacturing boom we are now witnessing. Here is just one of many recent articles discussing the Trump manufacturing boom.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-trump-blue-collar-job-boom-20180910-story,amp.html

Manufacturing confidence is higher now than it has been in a long long time. 

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Because you think they are "liberal," does that mean the information in their articles is automatically wrong? 

Of course, a liberal can never be right. Why attempt to understand anything when I can just automatically discredit it? It's easier that way! It's greater that way! Make America Great!

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Because you think they are "liberal," does that mean the information in their articles is automatically wrong? 

Not necessarily but the angle they report from would not tell the whole story in most cases.  Its the same with the NY Post and Washington times....they are going to take a piece of data or find a story that is more sympathetic to the Conservative cause. That is why I think journalism all around sucks anymore as there really are few truly independent media sites these days. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

Of course, a liberal can never be right. Why attempt to understand anything when I can just automatically discredit it? It's easier that way! It's greater that way! Make America Great!

The many midwestern liberals who voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 ans switched to Trump in 2016 were right! :)

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Not necessarily but the angle they report from would not tell the whole story in most cases.  Its the same with the NY Post and Washington times....they are going to take a piece of data or find a story that is more sympathetic to the Conservative cause. That is why I think journalism all around sucks anymore as there really are few truly independent media sites these days. 

Maybe instead of just calling the messengers liberals and moving on, you could have an actual discussion about the merits of the things they wrote. 

If the "liberal" source is too off-putting, I can find another source that shows:

Trump's approval rating falling

Ford and other manufacturers planning layoffs

Donald Trump watching too much TV

Donald Trump golfing too much (at taxpayer's expense, no less)

All of which refute the points that Trump is "gaining more fans than he is losing," "producing results at a faster pace," and that he is a "workaholic."

Or, you could just discuss the information in the links provided.  Such as:

Do you refute that Trump's approval rating has fallen since the election? If so, where are you getting that information? 

Do you refute that Ford and other manufacturers are planning layoffs? If so, where are you getting that information?

Do you refute that Donald Trump watches too much TV? If so, where are you getting that information?

Do you refute that Donald Trump golfs too much? If so, where are you getting that information?

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Maybe instead of just calling the messengers liberals and moving on, you could have an actual discussion about the merits of the things they wrote. 

If the "liberal" source is too off-putting, I can find another source that shows:

Trump's approval rating falling

Ford and other manufacturers planning layoffs

Donald Trump watching too much TV

Donald Trump golfing too much (at taxpayer's expense, no less)

All of which refute the points that Trump is "gaining more fans than he is losing," "producing results at a faster pace," and that he is a "workaholic."

Or, you could just discuss the information in the links provided.  Such as:

Do you refute that Trump's approval rating has fallen since the election? If so, where are you getting that information? 

Do you refute that Ford and other manufacturers are planning layoffs? If so, where are you getting that information?

Do you refute that Donald Trump watches too much TV? If so, where are you getting that information?

Do you refute that Donald Trump golfs too much? If so, where are you getting that information?

Regarding polls, especially state polls from several months ago, they are harder to interpret. Now for some of the daily tracking polls I think Trump is still doing well. Rasmussen which was right in 2016 and has been right more times than not despite the Left wanting to discount it....had Trump at 51% approval just a couple days ago. I think his standing now is way higher than his firsr few months in office. Why? Because of all he has been able to accomplish.

As for manufacturing, I just provided a link showing the overall manufacturing trend as of late 2018....it directly contradicts the narrative you were trying to portray from one plant closing in 2017.  Its like trying to say Alabama had not really been a good team the past several years because they did not lead the nation in total offense. One cherry picked example does not alter the trend that they have been a winning program, just as Ford does not reflect the overall trend for Trump improving the manufacturing sector. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-trump-blue-collar-job-boom-20180910-story,amp.html

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Rasmussen which was right in 2016 and has been right more times than not despite the Left wanting to discount it....had Trump at 51% approval just a couple days ago. I think his standing now is way higher than his firsr few months in office. Why? Because of all he has been able to accomplish.

Rasmussen is noted for its right-leaning bias, so it's not surprising that you would rely on them for Trump's approval.  They are an outlier, not a mainstream poll. Despite their boast that they were the only ones right in 2016, they were not the only ones polling Trump and Clinton in a near dead-heat at the end.  Everyone from Gallup to 538 to Pew had it a close race after Comey's letter.

Despite that, Rasmussen - even Rasmussen, the poll Cons hang their hat on! - has Trump's approval rating down from his election. 

When he took office, his approval rating was 56%.  Today, it stands at 51%

What's gone up is Trump's Disapproval rating, which was at 44% when he took office and is at 47% now.

Rasmussen Approval Index History

So, Trump's approval rating has fallen since the election, according to the most biased poll in his favor out there.

What's next?

Well none of that matters, when you act like a non compromising jack ass, anything you do will eventually be overturned, there will be no Donnie the molester legacy in the end.

And there sure as hell wont be much with he's name on it period, he's future there is a kin to a confederate statue.

The only thing that will give donnie another term is if the ultra lefties keep on pushing their anti white male agenda, and let's be honest they do, there is an actual double standard presented to often, from various forms of  affirmative action. This is one reason why this sleazy and toxic government is in power, lefties need to get a bit more centralized themselves or they will loose states they should not be loosing again.

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Rasmussen is noted for its right-leaning bias, so it's not surprising that you would rely on them for Trump's approval.  They are an outlier, not a mainstream poll. Despite their boast that they were the only ones right in 2016, they were not the only ones polling Trump and Clinton in a near dead-heat at the end.  Everyone from Gallup to 538 to Pew had it a close race after Comey's letter.

Despite that, Rasmussen - even Rasmussen, the poll Cons hang their hat on! - has Trump's approval rating down from his election. 

What's gone up is Trump's Disapproval rating, which was at 44% when he took office and is at 47% now.

So, Trump's approval rating has fallen since the election, according to the most biased poll in his favor out there.

What's next?

Here is a question for you. Have you ever heard of the honeymoon phase?  If not, its the time period when a new leader/Potus takes over and he is given the benefit of the doubt and typically polling numbers reflect that.  If you are really relying on polling from the early period of Presidency as the baseline for his polling trend in order to suggest he is not polling well now you are once again misguided. For him to be at 51% approval in any poll despite the historic negative media coverage he has received as well as the hardened Resistance movement that will do nearly anything to stop him is pretty amazing!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What's next?

By the way are you still denying that the overall manufacturing trend in the US is improving?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here is a question for you. Have you ever heard of the honeymoon phase?  If not, its the time period when a new leader/Potus takes over and he is given the benefit of the doubt and typically polling numbers reflect that.  If you are really relying on polling from the early period of Presidency as the baseline for his polling trend in order to suggest he is not polling well now you are once again misguided. For him to be at 51% approval in any poll despite the historic negative media coverage he has received as well as the hardened Resistance movement that will do nearly anything to stop him is pretty amazing!

Well, we just used a poll that you feel comfortable with, which has a heavy Con bias.  Look at other polls, where Trump sits in the low 40s to upper 30s. 

You can't only ever look at the most friendly polling data.  You get a skewed perspective (shocking, I know) doing that.  That's why I follow 538, Rasmussen, Gallup & Pew on twitter.  Looking at all of them, I see that Rasmussen consistently asks questions framed to make Trump look as good as possible, and thus has skewed data.  They have a poor rating.

Here's another set of polls. Trump is down in every single state.  Every one.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-trumps-popularity-is-holding-up-by-state/