The Republican Utopia

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I think one major piece about poll discussion is being overlooked.

No president from FDR to now, except 1, has had a highest approval rating of under 50%.  That one is Trump.  

Only one has had an average of under 45%.  That one is Trump

You're literally arguing about how beautiful something ugly looks.  

There have been multiple times this year where Trump's approval has been higher at the same point in his Presidency than Obama's was in his first term.  Also, as we discovered in 2016, most polls are biased against Trump and very few if any predicted his victory.  Moreover, many polls in 2016 were showing Obama's approval in the mid to upper 50s yet voters soundly rejected the Obama Presidency when they elected Trump to take over.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

There have been multiple times this year where Trump's approval has been higher at the same point in his Presidency than Obama's was in his first term.  Also, as we discovered in 2016, most polls are biased against Trump and very few if any predicted his victory.  Moreover, many polls in 2016 were showing Obama's approval in the mid to upper 50s yet voters soundly rejected the Obama Presidency when they elected Trump to take over.  

Ummm.....you do realize Trump did not win the popular vote....right?  

"soundly rejected" seems pretty bold knowing that.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Yeah. That shows a pretty accurate polling of the population.  What are you saying is wrong here? 

Clinton owned an advantage, on average, of 41.8% favorable to Trump's 37.5% favorable.  About 3.5% difference.

Clinton won 62,980,160 votes to Trump's 62,980,160, meaning Clinton won 49% of the vote and Trump won 47%, about 2% difference.

Each one of those polls had a margin of error, some between 4-5%, some between 2-3%. So the final outcome was pretty close to the polling data.

What are you claiming this is evidence of?

Most of the head to head polling heading into election day had Hillary winning by 4 to 5 points (not less than 2%) and the state polling you seem keen on highlighting had Hillary up even more in many swing states she lost.  

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm so tired of hearing this.  The guy is an immature imbecile that when he gets insulted, he starts calling people grade school names that make all of his Trumpster supporters stand up and cheer.  The guy is an absolute disgrace and embarrassment.....and a pathological lier who even brags about making up crap when speaking to our biggest allies. 

He has never left "campaign season".  That's literally all the guy does...including the spectacle at the White House last night.

I thought you didn't want this forum to be about personal opinions yet that is all you are posting here.  This is why more and more are joining Trump's team because those Resisting him are so over the top it pushes folks away from the Resist crowd.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I'd like you to show where that is true

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I thought you didn't want this forum to be about personal opinions yet that is all you are posting here.  This is why more and more are joining Trump's team because those Resisting him are so over the top it pushes folks away from the Resist crowd.

Oh...we're back to me being "part of the resistance".

It's actually pretty well known that his go to thing is to make up grade school names for people.  He also personally bragged about lying to our biggest ally.  It also is pretty much constantly proven that he constantly lies.  He also constantly is traveling around and doing campaign rallies.  That's all fact.

I'm failing to see where I didn't state facts.  In fact, about the only opinion of mine in the post is that I'm tired of hearing that he's a "street fighter" and that he's an "immature imbecile."

I'll gladly admit those are my opinions and stand by them.  Though...the immature imbecile can pretty much be proven too.

And.....I don't believe anyone has said opinions aren't allowed here.  However, it's posts like what StPaul just quoted that need verified.

• Plus1 1

So....you're using an example of where he has never flinched on his demand that we build and fund a wall.  A wall....remember....that Mexico is supposed to pay for.

What a total waste of tax payer's money.  So much for fiscal conservatism.  

He also has constantly lied about immigrants and demonized an entire race of people....to appease the most racist parts of his base.

Edit:

And...speaking of the DACA issue.  There was no need to do anything with DACA until he came into office and canceled the program.  Then...all of a sudden...he starts proclaiming that the Democrats don't care about them and won't do anything to save the people in DACA.  What a complete fraud.

DACA should not have been installed via executive order to begin with and in order to prevent this swirl every few months, there should be some legislation passed to settle the DACA debate.  Regarding his immigration proposal, there were 4 initial pillars of his immigration proposal, and you have latched onto one piece of that he has stood firm on.   Regarding immigrants, are you disputing that many illegals have committed crimes in the US?  Are you comfortable that American citizens are being killed by illegals who should not be here in the first place?

And calling his base racists is yet another example of going over the top and pushing more toward Trump and the GOP.  When will the left and Resist crowd understand this?

• Plus1 1

You shouldn't believe pretty much anything out of the guy's mouth....or his twitter feed.

Remember when he got his Trumpsters all lathered up when he looked at Hillary and promised that when he came into office, he was going to prosecute her and "LOCK HER UP".

Then....almost immediately, after getting into office, he made an about face?

The guy is a fraud and is playing to the absolute worst parts of our society to gain power.

I don't believe any politician completely.  I recall how Obama promised to cut our deficit and work with the GOP and that we are not the red states or blue states of American but the United States of America.  He was good at delivering speeches full of empty promises and helped create great divisions in this country that enabled the election of Trump.  Had Obama been successful we would not have Trump now.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

You're missing the forest for the trees. These are things Trump has personally bragged about, and yet the reality is that they aren't what he touts them too be. One person is quoted in the article I linked as saying Trump came in and "blew smoke up their butt".

A few key things from the article you listed, just to add some perspective:

Oil prices steadily rose under Bush (not entirely his fault, see Katrina), and then came down significantly under Obama. Thanks in large part to him continuing a Bush policy of producing more oil domestically. Trump simply hasn't done anything to dramatically change the trend (although prices are on the rise). In the same vein, economic recovery and growth is a continuation of the previous 8 years. A pretty solid foundation was laid under the previous administration. It took time, and was shakey for awhile, but it's the reason we can see the gains we do today.

That's a pretty important thing to remember. These "blue-collar" jobs make up a small fraction of the total employment pool. I'm glad they are seeing significant growth, but they live and die in boom and bust cycles... We need steady growth for stability. If you really want to bring back these manual labor jobs, why don't we focus on rebuilding our infastructure? The amount of work that needs to be done on roads, bridges, power grids, etc. is extraordinary, and could employees hundreds of thousands for years.

Trump has cut more regulations than any POTUS has in his first year in office, delivered tax cuts including strong cuts for businesses to encourage more growth and investment in the US, and made more trade deals in 2 years than any President I can remember which is helping promote manufacturing in the US.  Suggesting this was done by Obama is completely inaccurate.  Please tell me when Obama passed business tax cuts, implemented significant and meaningful regulations, and pushed other countries for fair trade?  Where were Obama's results on these fronts?  

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

DACA should not have been installed via executive order to begin with and in order to prevent this swirl every few months, there should be some legislation passed to settle the DACA debate. 

So....you admit that the DACA people were not threatened till Trump took office....then turned around, canceled it....then blamed Dems for not caring about them.

Good.

Regarding his immigration proposal, there were 4 initial pillars of his immigration proposal, and you have latched onto one piece of that he has stood firm on. 

Oh.....Just one that was one of his biggest campaign promises.   When is Mexico going to pay for this again?

Regarding immigrants, are you disputing that many illegals have committed crimes in the US? 

You do realize immigrants commit violent crimes much less than other Americans...right?  And....he specifically said that Mexico isn't sending their best.....their sending their violent criminals. Rapists...murderers....This all is to do nothing but pander to the KKKs and Neo Nazi's of the country.

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

And calling his base racists is yet another example of going over the top and pushing more toward Trump and the GOP. 

I haven't called all of his base racist.  However, I'm pretty sure the KKK and Neo Nazi's were dancing (marching) in the streets celebrating after his election.  That's pretty much documented fact and he has done nothing to condemn them.

• Plus1 3