The Republican Utopia

Ann Coutler has abandoned Trump and is spot on regarding her assessment of Trump.  His broken promise on the boarder wall was her final straw.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/422220-trump-stops-following-ann-coulter-on-twitter-after-joke-presidency-comments

Coulter during a podcast interview with The Daily Caller earlier Wednesday called Trump's presidency "a joke" that will leave "no legacy whatsoever."

“Why would you [vote for him again]?” the provocative author and columnist asked. “To make sure, I don’t know, Ivanka [Trump] and Jared [Kushner] can make money? That seems to be the main point of the presidency at this point.”

“They’re about to have a country where no Republican will ever be elected president again,” she added. “Trump will just have been a joke presidency who scammed the American people, amused the populists for a while, but he’ll have no legacy whatsoever."

Regarding the wall these quotes show the childishness/lack of experience  of this administration or is it govt by tricks:

https://apnews.com/4529a1853030464cad854b7e2043faf3

The White House is instead putting its faith in a potential work-around, with Trump telling allies he’ll be able to make an end-run around lawmakers by using the military to fund and carry out construction, though such a move would face significant pushback from Congress as well as legal challenges.

“Because of the tremendous dangers at the Border, including large scale criminal and drug inflow, the United States Military will build the Wall!” Trump tweeted Wednesday.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Tuesday that the president had also directed every one of his Cabinet secretaries “to look and see if they have money that can be used” for wall construction.

But Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash., the incoming chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, told MSNBC that there has been strong opposition to using Defense Department dollars for border wall construction. And he said that Trump can’t do so without lawmakers’ signoff.

“Congress, both Republicans and Democrats, do not think the DoD money should go towards building a wall on the border,” he said. “We have many other national security priorities that are vastly more important.”

Former Trump campaign adviser Barry Bennett said it was too soon to panic.

“He must have a trick up his sleeve because I can’t imagine he would just walk away from it,” Bennett said.

21 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Ann Coutler has abandoned Trump and is spot on regarding her assessment of Trump.  His broken promise on the boarder wall was her final straw.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/422220-trump-stops-following-ann-coulter-on-twitter-after-joke-presidency-comments

Regarding the wall these quotes show the childishness/lack of experience  of this administration or is it govt by tricks:

https://apnews.com/4529a1853030464cad854b7e2043faf3

Not sure how to feel about this. Ann Coulter and Donald Trump are both on the short list of most despicable humans in America.

If Ann Coulter is ever "spot on" about anything, it's probably closer to a broken clock situation as opposed to having any sort of actual awakening. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Not sure how to feel about this. Ann Coulter and Donald Trump are both on the short list of most despicable humans in America.

If Ann Coulter is ever "spot on" about anything, it's probably closer to a broken clock situation as opposed to having any sort of actual awakening. 

Yes, I know the dilemma - but I see it as a fissure in the Trump political ideologue foundation.   So in this case, she supports the claim of those of us who think Trump is a disaster.  

36 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Until Ann owns her own perpetuating of the new Trump era status quo with repentance, her words fall on deaf ears. 

Yes, she was one of his earliest and loudest champions.   I wonder how well she likes that crow that she is eating.

Maybe it's been happening for far longer than I realize...but when did it become the job of congress to shield the president from legislation he may not like? The senate passed a CR (unanimously I believe) that would have almost certainly passed the house if not for Paul Ryan refusing to put it to a vote. It probably would have been veto-proof. Congress, instead of doing their job, are shielding POTUS.

Pass legislation that your constituents want and let the President veto it.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Whistlebritches said:

Maybe it's been happening for far longer than I realize...but when did it become the job of congress to shield the president from legislation he may not like? The senate passed a CR (unanimously I believe) that would have almost certainly passed the house if not for Paul Ryan refusing to put it to a vote. It probably would have been veto-proof. Congress, instead of doing their job, are shielding POTUS.

They’re worried about getting re-elected, I guess. 

18 hours ago, Whistlebritches said:

This is always going to happen and always has happened when one party controls everything. 

Problem is, before you had somewhat reasonable people that work together and aren’t idiots.