The Republican Utopia

12 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Agreed and I think the Dem party is in danger of doing the same thing the other direction.  Polarization to the max.  Seems to me so much more could be accomplished if the center left and center right could gain control and work together. 

I still think our policies have drifted a bit too far to the right over the years. I'd like to see us drift back a bit more leftward but they did I'd be happy with a center-left, center-right governing consensus. 

• Plus1 1

I posted on here, somewhere, a long time ago an article that stated our economy can not grow at the rate Trump was promising without quite a bit of immigration.  Simply....we wouldn't have the workers.

Well.....now I find this stat interesting.

It's interesting that we demonize people who are willing to walk thousands of miles while risking their lives to get to the US to get a job to feed their families.....meanwhile, I have employees that can't get out of bed on time and drive across town on a regular basis to be here on time.

Perspective......

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's interesting that we demonize people who are willing to walk thousands of miles while risking their lives to get to the US to get a job to feed their families.....meanwhile, I have employees that can't get out of bed on time and drive across town on a regular basis to be here on time.

Perspective......

+1000

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow this is revealing.  Listen to Reagan's last words on the video -" Let us pledge to each other that we can make America Great Again" but he tied it to immigration - allowing people in from around the world.  Just the opposite of Trump.  He talks how these immigrants didn't ask what this country could do for them but how they could contribute to our country. ...  Trump says America's greatness is in shutting our doors to others, Reagan said the opposite - we are great because we open the doors and that in so doing these newcomers help to make us great.

I miss Ronald Reagan. 

I haven't watched/read a lot about the shutdown but I wish the media would stop focusing on Trump, Pelosi, and Schumer. The Republicans could end this tomorrow if they wanted to. All they have to do is override the veto. It wouldn't take many of them. This is on them as much as it is on Trump. And this has nothing to do with a campaign promise. He didn't promise to make the U.S. pay for the wall. He's so far failed to get Mexico to pay for it.

59 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I haven't watched/read a lot about the shutdown but I wish the media would stop focusing on Trump, Pelosi, and Schumer. The Republicans could end this tomorrow if they wanted to. All they have to do is override the veto. It wouldn't take many of them. This is on them as much as it is on Trump. And this has nothing to do with a campaign promise. He didn't promise to make the U.S. pay for the wall. He's so far failed to get Mexico to pay for it.

I'd get every Democrat available to put the spotlight squarely on McConnell. He's straight up blocking bills partitioned out but identical to the funding bill the Senate just passed 100-0 a couple weeks ago because he doesn't want to put Trump in a bad spot. It's 100% on him because he's scared of Trump or hurting the GOP. Party over country 1000%.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I'd get every Democrat available to put the spotlight squarely on McConnell. He's straight up blocking bills partitioned out but identical to the funding bill the Senate just passed 100-0 a couple weeks ago because he doesn't want to put Trump in a bad spot. It's 100% on him because he's scared of Trump or hurting the GOP. Party over country 1000%.

I think he might cave if the House gets a 60% vote. I believe the House needs 26 Republicans to vote to end the shutdown.