The Republican Utopia

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

:thumbs I see that now, after literally five seconds of research...lol

"Jacob Wohl is an American far-right conspiracy theorist, fraudster, and internet troll. He was formerly an online blogger and a columnist for the website The Gateway Pundit."

That's a great tagline! I think I'm going to borrow it for my "side job".  :D

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Here's Ivanka to save us all from AOC and tell us how to earn our money like she did.

I know someone who grew up like Ivanka, and he thinks he earned everything he has by himself. He didn’t know where to buy toilet paper when he was 25. I’m sure Ivanka is the same way (on both counts).

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I genuinely don't know how a person can vote Republican right now.  This is despicable.

Is this a Repub thing or a DOJ issue as the report goes back to 2014 or a combination of both.  Of course the GOP had control of Congress during that time while the Dems held the WH and the Dept of Justice up to 2017.   

By the numbers: From October 2014 to July 2018, the HHS' Office of Refugee Resettlement received 4,556 complaints, and the Department of Justice received 1,303 complaints. This includes 178 allegations of sexual abuse by adult staff.

What they're saying: Deutch said these documents were included in HHS' response to a House Judiciary Committee request for information made in January.

Details: One of the documents given to Axios, embedded below, gives some detail about the allegations, although it only includes descriptions of the incidences for fiscal years 2015 and 2016. We also don't know what happened to the accused staffers in fiscal years 2017 and 2018.

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Bloody Hell how could she possibly know what "most people" want? 

When Ivanka was a kid, she got frustrated because she couldn’t set up a lemonade stand in Trump Tower. “We had no such advantages,” she writes, meaning, in this case, an ordinary home on an ordinary street. She and her brothers finally tried to sell lemonade at their summer place in Connecticut, but their neighborhood was so ritzy that there was no foot traffic. “As good fortune would have it, we had a bodyguard that summer,” she writes. They persuaded their bodyguard to buy lemonade, and then their driver, and then the maids, who “dug deep for their spare change.” The lesson, she says, is that the kids “made the best of a bad situation.” In another early business story, she and her brothers made fake Native American arrowheads, buried them in the woods, dug them up while playing with their friends, and sold the arrowheads to their friends for five dollars each.

https://www.newyorker.com/books/second-read/ivanka-trumps-terrible-book-helps-explain-the-trump-family-ethos

They totally understand the common man, they had no advantages, they simply know how to make the best of bad situations.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, methodical said:

https://www.newyorker.com/books/second-read/ivanka-trumps-terrible-book-helps-explain-the-trump-family-ethos

They totally understand the common man, they had no advantages, they simply know how to make the best of bad situations.

How is selling your friends fake arrowheads a good business story?  Sounds like something Elizabeth Holmes would be bragging about.