The Republican Utopia

56 minutes ago, knapplc said:

"Don't Tread On Me" has to mean for everyone, not just for Republicans. Because if you're OK with jack-booted thugs snatching people off the street with no charges and no identification, some day that's going to be turned on you. 

Republicans are for state rights....right??? 

I could see this as being one of the biggest scandals of his presidency. And that’s saying something. 

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Republicans are for state rights....right??? 

I could see this as being one of the biggest scandals of his presidency. And that’s saying something. 

Trump supporters support Trump. There is no logic in their ideology other than culture war. They are cheering this behavior on and saying its what the antifa terrorists deserve. 

• Plus1 3

12 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I wish our local trumpets would realize this board isn’t full of liberals.  Correct me if I’m wrong: @BigRedBuster @knapplc @TGHusker @Moiraine @JJ Husker @teachercd @commando @ZRod @Guy Chamberlin and others...

Maybe I have a skewed vision of what responsible govt should look like...

Maybe it is just me, but I think most people think that true liberals and true conservatives are crazy.  And for the most part, they make up a super small % of the population.  The rest of us, are pretty freaking normal/middle if the road people.

For instance.  Living in CHAZ = loony 

For instance:  Marching in full body armour with a gun because you want your freedom to get a haircut = loony

I don't think anyone on this board would do either of those things.  I could maybe see JJ living in CHAZ, maybe!  :)

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe I'm a bad example. A lot of people think Bernie Sanders is extreme. I think he makes an eye-opening amount of sense — especially now. Some of the extremist stuff from just four years ago is quickly going mainstream, and when not attached to Bernie's name, average Americans see the pragmatic value of healthcare, criminal justice, and education overhauls. 

But when I hear folks call Joe Biden a Marxist, I realize we have a broken messaging system. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Maybe I'm a bad example. A lot of people think Bernie Sanders is extreme. I think he makes an eye-opening amount of sense — especially now. Some of the extremist stuff from just four years ago is quickly going mainstream, and when not attached to Bernie's name, average Americans see the pragmatic value of healthcare, criminal justice, and education overhauls. 

But when I hear folks call Joe Biden a Marxist, I realize we have a broken messaging system. 

Yep. And usually the people calling someone a Marxist have no idea what Marxism is.

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yep. And usually the people calling someone a Marxist have no idea what Marxism is.

So is that poor messaging or a poorly educated electorate that can easily be fooled by someone slapping the label on a candidate? 

8 hours ago, funhusker said:

I wish our local trumpets would realize this board isn’t full of liberals.  Correct me if I’m wrong: @BigRedBuster @knapplc @TGHusker @Moiraine @JJ Husker @teachercd @commando @ZRod @Guy Chamberlin and others...

Maybe I have a skewed vision of what responsible govt should look like...

I think what’s viewed as “liberal” by the nutjobs is not all that liberal.

• Plus1 1