The Republican Utopia

38 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So clearly we need an "The Annoying Left" thread for such protests.  I could get on board with that kind of thread. 

Absolutely.  I was invited to the FB group "Suit Up Nebraska" back in 2016.  At first it was a great group designed to mobilize citizens in support of immigrants, refugees,  minorities, anti-Trump candidates in 2018, etc....  

After the 2018 it became kind of unbearable.  Many posts from that group could be shared in the "Annoying Left" thread!

52 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Some people have fantasies that this is how it would work in Washington. That they could just ignore Biden and keep going with trump as their dear leader. 

The Right has turned into the party of snowflakes. Need Parler because twitter is mean to them. Need participation trophies because they lost elections. Man up and take the L. I've see T-Ball teams lose more gracfully. I swear Trump's generation of old rich white boys, were never taught how to be men. It's sad really. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It doesn't matter.  A protest can be a protest with no goal other than limited media exposure.  It's a constitutionally protected inalienable right

I understand that.  But that doesn't mean that some of them aren't really pointless and dumb.

Like the members of Congress that are going to "protest" the electoral college count.  They can protest against the count.  It will be pointless.  And it will be dumb.  Although, I'll freely admit their protest will cause more lasting damage to the temperament of the USA than the group in front of Hawley's home.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

But maybe, and go with me on this...just maybe, they're dumb to you...but not to other people and they make other people feel like they're doing something of value to actually help their cause.

I understand you find it dumb.  Others find it democratic and patriotic. 

Only by trying to see the other side's point of view will can actually empathize with their point of view to reach an understanding of what motivates them.  Outright dismissal only foments more division.

Yes, it's in my opinion.  I truly understand that the people there felt it was important.  Otherwise I'm guessing they wouldn't have been there.

I also think the people marching maskless through Target with bullhorns is dumb.  Some people think they are truly patriotic for taking part in that.

I also think a lot of division in this country comes from "protests" like these because people tend to think these really small groups of people are a fair representation of a larger group.  I think I'm being patriotic by calling these acts silly.  Can you understand my point of view? 

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Yes, it's in my opinion.  I truly understand that the people there felt it was important.  Otherwise I'm guessing they wouldn't have been there.

I also think the people marching maskless through Target with bullhorns is dumb.  Some people think they are truly patriotic for taking part in that.

I also think a lot of division in this country comes from "protests" like these because people tend to think these really small groups of people are a fair representation of a larger group.  I think I'm being patriotic by calling these acts silly.  Can you understand my point of view? 

I see your point of view, and I think it's fine that you view it that way. But there's also a difference protesting a politician and a Target store. There's a lot of nuance and detail that make each protest different and not lump them all together

I wonder if there's going to be some Sunday-morning hangover moment when the trump cult followers wake up and realize what's been done to them by their own party and demand their money back. 

This is straight up fraud. Are they going to hold Cruz accountable for taking money out of Georgia to line his own pockets?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

Proud moment for Republicans.

it feels like the far right has been planning for their revolution for awhile now.   they have their base fired up and ready to go.....all we are waiting for is the firing on fort sumter.