The Republican Utopia

8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Not because they're Republican, because they didn't come out against Trump as much as they should have. Anyone not defending this country should not hold office again or have any influence on its policies.

And if you have a problem with the tactic of destroying anyone because they're Republican, you shouldn't be a Republican, because that's a tactic they employ against Democrats all the time.

I take issue with you specifically invoking that the President should crush them for having a pro-Trump opinion. I'm all for consequences for those that lied about the election results, those that stormed the Capitol, and especially those that committed violence, but I'm utterly against the President or any part of the state squashing people's opinions even if those opinions are abhorrent to me.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, commando said:

all of them who carried on with the election fraud schtick deserve to face serious consequences.   that gave the capitol riot  fire lot's of fuel

@Moiraine said to destroy them politically even if they didn't. Essentially, just because they have an R by their name. 

"go after them if they did something illegal regardless of any talk of unity, or try to destroy them politically if they didn't"

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

@Moiraine said to destroy them politically even if they didn't. Essentially, just because they have an R by their name. 

"go after them if they did something illegal regardless of any talk of unity, or try to destroy them politically if they didn't"

as someone who is strongly anti trump....i understand her feelings on the subject.  i have a hard time forgiving them also.    but let's give some of the more sane republicans a chance to redeem the party no matter how tough it is 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, commando said:

as someone who is strongly anti trump....i understand her feelings on the subject.  i have a hard time forgiving them also.    but let's give some of the more sane republicans a chance to redeem the party no matter how tough it is 

I don't think we have to give them a chance if we don't want to, but saying Biden as President should do something to them is completely different.

• Plus1 1

40 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I take issue with you specifically invoking that the President should crush them for having a pro-Trump opinion. I'm all for consequences for those that lied about the election results, those that stormed the Capitol, and especially those that committed violence, but I'm utterly against the President or any part of the state squashing people's opinions even if those opinions are abhorrent to me.

That isn't what I'm intending although I may not be getting my point across. I think it's stupid to not be willing to do whatever you can legally to beat someone at an election. I think it's stupid to not be willing to do whatever you can legally to pursue charges against someone you think committed a crime. That is what my intention is. If you think these things are a bad idea I find that weird.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

That isn't what I'm intending although I may not be getting my point across. I think it's stupid to not be willing to do whatever you can legally to beat someone at an election. I think it's stupid to not be willing to do whatever you can legally to pursue charges against someone you think committed a crime. That is what my intention is. If you think these things are a bad idea I find that weird.

I think "anything" is a bit too broad, but I generally agree with what you're saying here. However, that isn't at all how your initial post I responded to came across:

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Biden should crush anyone not anti-Trump enough. Anyone who isn’t against him is a threat to this country. 

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I think "anything" is a bit too broad, but I generally agree with what you're saying here. However, that isn't at all how your initial post I responded to came across:

Ok, I was adding this as you replied:

I also stated shortly after: "By crush I mean go after them if they did something illegal regardless of any talk of unity, or try to destroy them politically if they didn't."

And I wouldn't set the bar only at legal - I don't want them to use the GOP tactics like the BS they pulled with Hunter Biden and the hacking stuff.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Ok, I was adding this as you replied:

I also stated shortly after: "By crush I mean go after them if they did something illegal regardless of any talk of unity, or try to destroy them politically if they didn't."

And I wouldn't set the bar only at legal - I don't want them to use the GOP tactics like the BS they pulled with Hunter Biden and the hacking stuff.

If they're just going to be a slightly different version of the things I hate most about the Republicans, then I think it's ultimately a losing strategy. Dems can be fierce without resorting to insanity. (Although the Dems haven't been fierce since... LBJ?)

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

If they're just going to be a slightly different version of the things I hate most about the Republicans, then I think it's ultimately a losing strategy. Dems can be fierce without resorting to insanity. (Although the Dems haven't been fierce since... LBJ?)

I’m not asking for anything insane. And I don’t want the status quo either.