The Republican Utopia

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, clearly the artist's idea was to keep Trump as the focal point.  Whitest shirt.  Brightest light.  More of the others focusing on him than anyone else.  So, keeping that in mind, I have seen over the years where Republicans think Lincoln was actually a horrible President because he created a civil war fighting against state's rights.  (a view I find amazingly stupid).  But, the people I've seen argue that point would typically be BIG Trumpees.  So, it doesn't surprise me that, even though he is at the table Lincoln is marginalized the most and Trump is glorified.  

Regarding the bold:   It just gives more credibility to the discussion that with the GOP "Southern Strategy" started by Nixon  -- to win the WH you had to win the south.  In the past I've seen stories on how the Dems and the GOP swapped positions philosophically.  In the decades prior to Nixon, the GOP was the party of the NE, rich fat cats etc while the Dems were the party of the south, the party of Jim Crow etc.   It seems that under Trump, we saw the culmination of this philosophical change.  The GOP became the party of racists, anti-federalist and everything that was unsavory with the old south Dems.  Is all of the GOP like this? - no - but the Trump wing is and unfortunately that is now 60-70% of the party now. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I googled to see who they cancelled and found this.

Pence Declines Invite To CPAC

I'm still not a fan of his.  But, maybe Trump sending his goons to hang him actually had an affect.  

Yes, I wouldn't want to be in the same building as the guy who incited a riot against me.  Just makes me wonder where Pence goes now.  He did the right thing in the end but with that he is caught in the middle having burnt the bridge on both ends.  I don't see a road ahead for him in politics.  No way he gets the GOP nomination - having been stained by Trump and then having been spurned by Trump and his followers in the end.  Even if the GOP gets rid of the trump cult, they sure would not turn to  a repentant Trump VP for their nominee.  But I don't think the GOP can rid itself of the Trump stain by 2024.   Biden/Harris would have to flop badly before Trump or someone else like him can win in 2024.

I wonder if they cancel Ted Cruz after his wonderful trip to Cancun?

Former vice president Mike Pence reportedly declined an invitation to speak at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), where former president Donald Trump will be making his first major public appearance since leaving the White House.

The conference will be held in Orlando, Florida from February 25 to February 28. Trump will make a speech in the afternoon on the final day of the conference, according to a schedule posted on CPAC's website.

Several former Trump administration officials will also speak at the event, including former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. Other staunch allies of the former president who will be guest speakers include Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem.