The Republican Utopia

On 4/5/2021 at 2:09 PM, Scarlet said:

I know the point of the post was the meme, but how is Huckabee's tweet racist? It's a criticism of the Chinese government and the hypocrisy of corporations kowtowing to them, not the Chinese people.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I know the point of the post was the meme, but how is Huckabee's tweet racist? It's a criticism of the Chinese government and the hypocrisy of corporation kowtowing to them, not the Chinese people.

Dunno, why is values in quotes? What is he referring to? I haven't really been following this.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Dunno, why is values in quotes? What is he referring to? I haven't really been following this.

Probably referring to their ethnic cleansing, exploitative labor practices, and general mistreatment of dissidents.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ZRod said:

Probably referring to their ethnic cleansing, exploitative labor practices, and general my mistreatment of dissidents.

Gotcha.

Again not too familiar with any of this but companies just look the other way when it comes to China because they make a lot of $ there. Same thing happens with politicians and Turkey.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Gotcha.

Again not too familiar with any of this but companies just look the other way when it comes to China because they make a lot of $ there. Same thing happens with politicians and Turkey.

I mean, I don't like any of the Huckabees, but it's a very valid point.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Forgive me if I don’t put much stock into random twitter user Craig posting a narrative that’s already been debunked. Its more blueanon nonsense.  It’s quite telling that Democrats in FL are defending Ron DeSantis on this.  

• Plus1 2