The Republican Utopia

8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You sure he’s an epidemiologist?  Or is it possible you are quite wrong once again?

Here's @Archy1221again dodging the point for a gotcha moment. Immunologist. You happy?

The point still stands.  You don't know what you're talking about.  You're saying Fauci lied to Congress.  If that's the case then why doesn't your boy push for him to be indicted and charged with perjury?  Why?  Because Paul doesn't know what he's talking about either. He's just grandstanding to make political points.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Here's @Archy1221again dodging the point for a gotcha moment. Immunologist. You happy?

The point still stands.  You don't know what you're talking about.  You're saying Fauci lied to Congress.  If that's the case then why doesn't your boy push for him to be indicted and charged with perjury?  Why?  Because Paul doesn't know what he's talking about either. He's just grandstanding to make political points.  

Long way of saying you were wrong again. 

Fauci is playing word games and moving the goalposts of what is considered gain of function research as noted by 200 scientists.  NIH also indirectly funded that research at WIV through sub grants funneled through a different grant.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Long way of saying you were wrong again. 

Fauci is playing word games and moving the goalposts of what is considered gain of function research as noted by 200 scientists.  NIH also indirectly funded that research at WIV through sub grants funneled through a different grant.  

It doesn't surprise me that a narcissist wouldn't be able to admit they made a mistake, which I don't think I've ever read you admit to, even though your posting history is full of them. 

Does labeling Fauci an epidemiologist instead of an immunologist compare to voting for Trump not only once but twice??  It doesn't get any worse than that.

Or saying mask mandates don't work? Or that voting rights are being suppressed over the false claim of election fraud,? Or implying we're good to open without regard to the newly emerging variants like your post a few weeks ago did when you appeared to do the victory dance because we were at 10,000 cases per day?  "Yep it's down, full steam ahead!!"  Your boy in Florida has that state nearing 10,000 cases per day now.   Well done.

49 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Does labeling Fauci an epidemiologist instead of an immunologist compare to voting for Trump not only once but twice?

It does make you wrong:dunno

50 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Or saying mask mandates don't work?

Don’t believe I’ve said that, but I have questioned to what extent they work based on compliance, how masks are worn and what type of mask covering is being worn along with questioning the study of counties in KS (which was one study posted here that I questioned because the data points made were not really what people were thinking they were showing) 

54 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Or implying we're good to open without regard to the newly emerging variants like your post a few weeks ago did when you appeared to do the victory dance because we were at 10,000 cases per day? 

We are good to open.  Everyone has had a chance to get the vaccine.  Hospital Systems are doing well, we have more treatments that show effectiveness.  Sorry you seem to be a lockdown forever type person.  

58 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Your boy in Florida has that state nearing 10,000 cases per day now.   Well done.

cases don’t really mean much with 65% of the country vaccinated.  Hospitalizations and Deaths are the numbers that actually mean something.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It does make you wrong:dunno

Don’t believe I’ve said that, but I have questioned to what extent they work based on compliance, how masks are worn and what type of mask covering is being worn along with questioning the study of counties in KS (which was one study posted here that I questioned because the data points made were not really what people were thinking they were showing) 

We are good to open.  Everyone has had a chance to get the vaccine.  Hospital Systems are doing well, we have more treatments that show effectiveness.  Sorry you seem to be a lockdown forever type person.  

cases don’t really mean much with 65% of the country vaccinated.  Hospitalizations and Deaths are the numbers that actually mean something.  

Regarding the bold, I feel our country would be at 65% vax regardless of an presidential election year or not.  And I'm not sure why Ds are trying so hard to capture credit. 

Also, last year the news mentioned cases, but mostly highlighted deaths and hospitalizations.  This time around we hear about cases, and ... yeah, cases. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, admo said:

Regarding the bold, I feel our country would be at 65% vax regardless of an presidential election year or not.  And I'm not sure why Ds are trying so hard to capture credit. 

Also, last year the news mentioned cases, but mostly highlighted deaths and hospitalizations.  This time around we hear about cases, and ... yeah, cases. 

Cases rising precedes hospitalizations rising about a week later and then deaths rising a week or so after that. Hospitalizations are rising and deaths are now starting to rise too:

hospitalizations-07162021.jpg

deaths-07162021.jpg

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Cases rising precedes hospitalizations rising about a week later and then deaths rising a week or so after that. Hospitalizations are rising and deaths are now starting to rise too:

deaths-07162021.jpg

Cases and deaths are decoupled in UK and Isreal.  We should expect the same 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Cases and deaths are decoupled in UK and Isreal.  We should expect the same 

Do you have data for that? I'd be interested in if that's true and if true, what are the vaccine rate differences between those countries and the US.

10 hours ago, RedDenver said:

deaths-07162021.jpg

Thanks.  I understand how cases can perhaps turn into hospitalizations, and then perhaps turn into deaths. 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Interesting, thanks. Hospitalizations are rising now in the UK, but deaths have remained low. Could be because of the vaccination rate at 55% fully and 70% at least one dose. Or could be the healthcare system is better at treating covid. UK just lifted their remaining covid restrictions, so in a few weeks we'll know more.