The Republican Utopia

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lol. Ok. 

Not a Tucker Carlson guy, he's a moron, and definitely pumps agenda, and sometimes lies. But Don Lemon, for example, pushes his agendas and consistently plays loosely with the truth. It just doesn't bother you because you find his lies less offensive, or they fall more in line with where you find yourself politically.

Ive never watched Don Lemon in my life. I dont watch CNN or MSNBC so nice try. Once again, which anchors on those news networks are anti-vax and push vaccine disinformation that can potentially get people killed?

1 minute ago, NebraskaHarry said:

This shouldn't even be a debate. Tucker sucks and is the worst. I can agree a lot of other talk show "news people" are bad, but Tucker is the worst. Honestly cant believe some people are even giving this pos the benefit of the doubt of not being as worse as he truly is. 

Well Laura Ingraham is doing the same thing as him so shes up there also. 

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Well Laura Ingraham is doing the same thing as him so shes up there also. 

8 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

This shouldn't even be a debate. Tucker sucks and is the worst. I can agree a lot of other talk show "news people" are bad, but Tucker is the worst. Honestly cant believe some people are even giving this pos the benefit of the doubt of not being as worse as he truly is. 

It's all about ratings.  They know their dumbsh!t viewer base well and will gladly cater to it's delusions.  

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lol. Ok. 

Not a Tucker Carlson guy, he's a moron, and definitely pumps agenda, and sometimes lies. But Don Lemon, for example, pushes his agendas and consistently plays loosely with the truth. It just doesn't bother you because you find his lies less offensive, or they fall more in line with where you find yourself politically.

I mean I'd rather align closer with Don Lemon (gross...) who's agenda is social equality, the end of racism, black empowerment, and other left topics even when it's overbearing and seemingly misguided; compared to Carlson who's oozing white nationalism, blanketed racism, xenophobia, general ignorance, and misogyny.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1

Can we stop acting like Opinion anchors ourselves and not speak in hyperbole? It's utter nonsense to say Tucker isn't any worse than any CNN/MSNBC/FOX anchor. He and Hannity are the worst of the worst. Picking Lemon is a lot different than saying they're all like Tucker.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:06 AM, RedDenver said:

CNN can be obsessed with or dislike Trump and Fox News and still be moderate. As I posted before, CNN can suck at reporting the news but that doesn't make them left wing.

Wanted to revisit this after I saw @Scarletuse the Media Bias/Fact Checker in a different thread. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/left/cnn-bias/

LEFT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favor the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks.
18 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Wanted to revisit this after I saw @Scarletuse the Media Bias/Fact Checker in a different thread. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/left/cnn-bias/

LEFT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favor the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks.

Thanks. Personally I'd rate CNN as moderate on the political spectrum but poor in their news coverage. Center-left is probably fair too, but I disagree with calling them left-wing. I think people also assume the Dem party is left-wing and therefore ascribe pro-Dem party media (like MSNBC) as left-wing, but I don't consider the Dem party left-wing either.

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Thanks. Personally I'd rate CNN as moderate on the political spectrum but poor in their news coverage. Center-left is probably fair too, but I disagree with calling them left-wing. I think people also assume the Dem party is left-wing and therefore ascribe pro-Dem party media (like MSNBC) as left-wing, but I don't consider the Dem party left-wing either.

Yeah, as someone said earlier, it probably depends on your personal views. If you are far left on the political spectrum, CNN would seem moderate. If you are to the far right, they would appear to be pretty liberal.