The Republican Utopia

11 hours ago, Omaha-Husker said:

I saw some of the late polling showing VA going R. What I didn't expect was NJ to be this competitive this late.

Also the best thing for the GOP is for Trump to stay the hell away. They have the momentum and Trump would reset everyone's brains to 2020. If they can find a way to keep him away they might roll for a few years here. If not the Dems can find a leverage point that their current messaging isn't hitting. 

I was watching this last night as well, the theme from VA folks on social media seemed to be the D candidate tried to connect the R candidate to Trump the entire time. While the R candidate ran more on local issues. If the Dems run on COVID and Trump, it's gonna be a long couple years....it's 2021, turn the page. 

• Plus1 3

53 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I was watching this last night as well, the theme from VA folks on social media seemed to be the D candidate tried to connect the R candidate to Trump the entire time. While the R candidate ran more on local issues. If the Dems run on COVID and Trump, it's gonna be a long couple years....it's 2021, turn the page. 

The R candidate ran on education and CRT - something not taught in VA schools (or any elementary or high school in the country).

Republican voters have successfully used white grievance to convince white voters to vote with them. Most Republican candidates don't even bother to produce a policy platform because they don't have to.

Democrats, unfortunately, are tethered to reality. They're burdened by believing in pesky things like Climate Change, science, do diseases get you sick, racism, etc. 

To compete with Republicans they're going to game to abandon some of that messaging. 

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Republican voters have successfully used white grievance to convince white voters to vote with them. Most Republican candidates don't even bother to produce a policy platform because they don't have to.

Please continue this line of campaign thinking through 2022

• Plus1 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Please continue this line of campaign thinking through 2022

The picture on the left is deplorable. 

What was your party's platform in 2020 again? 

Oh, have you decided if Obama was born in Kenya or if Mexican's are rapists and murders? I mean you voted for a guy who started his political career with those statements, so I'm just wondering which of those stuck work you in order to win your vote. You also voted for him after he couldn't disavow white Supremecy on national TV. I'm sure none of this has to do with white grievance. 

But don't worry @Archy1221, your party is going to win elections for the next 20 years. Just do us all a favor, try not to elect another guy accused of sexual assault by 2 dozen women (or at least doesn't have an untold number who've signed NDA's). 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yep.

If the Ds want to retain anything, get off of these two issues.  Now, if Trump dives in and runs in 2024 and is a major player in the election, then it's a valid issue.

The Ds have to get off of it and run on issues.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep.

If the Ds want to retain anything, get off of these two issues.  Now, if Trump dives in and runs in 2024 and is a major player in the election, then it's a valid issue.

The Ds have to get off of it and run on issues.

When running on issues may not help them. They're simply going to have to move further to the right on many of them. 

They need to move further to the right on issues like Immigration while trying to craft a winning message on healthcare. Whatever they do, they face an uphill battle. 

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The R candidate ran on education and CRT - something not taught in VA schools (or any elementary or high school in the country).

Yes and the D candidate rebuttal was a horrible soundbite about parents shouldn't have a say in what their kids learn. He completely botched the messaging and managed to piss off suburban moms enough for them to swing  the other way. 

I said when Biden won that the Ds need to govern with reasonable ideas and not go overboard with a very liberal agenda.  If they could do that, they could retain power for a long time.  Well, we ended up with a weak President that ran on being a moderate and let the most liberal voices in the party be the loudest.

Well....here we are.

Now, I hope the Republicans can start leaving their craziness from the last 5 years in the rear view window and start governing on being reasonable and not being loony tune wacko right.

BOTH need to leave Trump behind.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The picture on the left is deplorable. 

What was your party's platform in 2020 again? 

Oh, have you decided if Obama was born in Kenya or if Mexican's are rapists and murders? I mean you voted for a guy who started his political career with those statements, so I'm just wondering which of those stuck work you in order to win your vote. You also voted for him after he couldn't disavow white Supremecy on national TV. I'm sure none of this has to do with white grievance. 

But don't worry @Archy1221, your party is going to win elections for the next 20 years. Just do us all a favor, try not to elect another guy accused of sexual assault by 2 dozen women (or at least doesn't have an untold number who've signed NDA's). 

By all means, keep running on Republicans and Independents are racist.  I’m not gonna stop you.  It’s gonna work out great for ya:thumbs

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yes and the D candidate rebuttal was a horrible soundbite about parents shouldn't have a say in what their kids learn. He completely botched the messaging and managed to piss off suburban moms enough for them to swing  the other way. 

One of his other major platforms (which @Dr. Strangelovewants to conveniently ignore) was getting rid of the grocery tax as per of his economic message for the state. 

• Plus1 1