The Republican Utopia

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why are you asking me?  I’ve long said I was tired of Trump talking about the election once his December lawsuits failed.  

I sincerely hope that wing of the party stops what they're doing, and I'm glad you're a Republican that does not go along with the Big Lie.

The GOP is going to win elections, but as long as they're traditional Republicans and not the Trumpist wing of the party, that's fine. America does not need a high percent of its population believing in voting "fraud".

• Plus1 3

CNN finally had a breakdown but did not list Hispanics. The gains with younger voters is probably a bit concerning. The article did not mention Hispanics at all. I heard 32% from another source which is good, but probably not a huge improvement.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/04/politics/exit-polls-2017-vs-2021/index.html

this is why I think Biden won. I saw it in my neighborhood.

“There was a bubble, essentially, in Virginia, a Democratic bubble. And Donald Trump out of the White House essentially burst that bubble," Kidd said. "A good number of [women] were simply voting because they were angry at Donald Trump and wanted to send a message. They weren't necessarily committed to Democrats or Democratic candidates."

• Plus1 2

Scott had one very good point that Dems should not ignore. Dems should hope Trump inserts himself. Given he has delusions of grandeur I suspect he will insert himself and hurt some candidates. 

Keilar initiated the debate by asking Scott if Republicans across the country would ignore former President Donald Trump as they campaigned for the 2022 midterm elections, appearing to claim that was part of Virginia Gov.-elect Glenn Youngkin's, R., strategy to victory.

"I think what Democrats are going to continue to do is talk about Donald Trump. I think Republicans are going to continue to talk about issues. Glenn Youngkin won his race because he talked about issues and I think that’s what’s going to happen," Scott said. 

They argued whether CRT was taught in schools :

"Brianna, here, let me just read you a few things. In 2015, while Terry McAuliffe was governor, the Virginia Department of Education promoting incorporating a critical race theory lens in education. You can still find it on the Department of Education’s website. Still there," Scott retorted. "In February 2019, a superintendent memo to the Virginia Department of Education promoting critical race theory and the idea of White fragility."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/11/08/rick-scott-brianna-keilar-gop-donald-trump-newday-vpx.cnn