The Republican Utopia

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I've been saying this for years.  The reason why the firearms industry supports NRA so much is because they create fear and that's what drives gun sales.  The biggest fear they are created is the fear that democrats are all going to come take your guns away.  So, when a Democrat gets into office, gun sales go up.

• Plus1 4
7 hours ago, knapplc said:

I certainly don't agree with this. It's a bit much to make the shooting of a school into some MAGA-militia move.

It just so happens that the parents of a crazy kid are far-right Trump lovers. The laws pushed by the right - and ideology associated with the modern GOP led them to purchasing a gun. 

Is the GOP responsible for the gun violence in this country? Yes. But it's a stretch to associate it directly to Trump. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I certainly don't agree with this. It's a bit much to make the shooting of a school into some MAGA-militia move.

It just so happens that the parents of a crazy kid are far-right Trump lovers. The laws pushed by the right - and ideology associated with the modern GOP led them to purchasing a gun. 

Is the GOP responsible for the gun violence in this country? Yes. But it's a stretch to associate it directly to Trump. 

I understand what you are saying, but I look at proud, open Trump Supporters right now sort of like I look at the NRA sticker or the Sig Sauer sticker on a truck .. You can make some pretty fair assumptions about the person inside and 99% of the time you'd be right.

• Plus1 3