The Republican Utopia

14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That question has already been answered on this page.  You may also check out the post I originally replied to.  What was their intent on bringing CRT into that discussion since you magically know everyone’s intent. 

Fair enough. It looks like you have simply stated that teaching slavery didn't exist and teaching CRT are both wrong. 

But you also suggested that I agreed with this statement "deep down inside."  Talk about projecting intent. 

I don't think CRT is wrong. Just uncomfortable, as mentioned.

That's why I offered a fairly neutral assessment of CRT and asked what you found factually incorrect or misleading about it.  

The anti-CRT argument appears to be based entirely on not blaming white people for slavery and the ensuing cultural inequities. I don't know how that is possible any more than it would be to demand that physics teachers disavow Sir Issac Newton. 

• Plus1 5

19 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You know how I've been accusing you of simplistic non-answers that let you avoid the more pertinent issue?

This would be that. 

I was giving you props for finally not twisting someone words into something they are not.  I was giving you props for not implying what someone said and just going with what was said.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I was giving you props for finally not twisting someone words into something they are not.  I was giving you props for not implying what someone said and just going with what was said.  

Okay. So I'll ask you directly: what specifically about CRT makes it wrong to teach? 

We don't have to talk about you twisting my words into something they are not.

• Plus1 3

23 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Okay. So I'll ask you directly: what specifically about CRT makes it wrong to teach? 

We don't have to talk about you twisting my words into something they are not.

Rather than me rehashing everything I’ve already said on this, do a search for the conversation I had on the subject with ZRod.  He pretty much asked the same question.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
On 12/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, Archy1221 said:

For some reason you forgot to include the original post that I responded to which included mentions of both CRT and the slavery teachings.  That’s a very important starting off point to the entire discussion.  Hence the comment from me that both could be bad.  I DID NOT bring CRT into the discussion.  So I’m Not equating or comparing or whatever you want to believe, instead I’m saying both could be bad.  

The original post was concerning this Tweet:

You then responded with this message:

Could be both are bad.  Doesn’t have to be an either or. 

I then asked you to elaborate on what you meant by "both are bad", to which you responded with this: 

Both as in teaching slavery didn’t exist in the form that it actually did exist and teaching CRT.  Both are bad. 

This is where you brought CRT into the discussion. Nobody else did. You're saying that "limiting how slavery is taught in schools" is bad, and teaching that "one race is the unique oppressor or victim in slavery's history" is also bad, and that it is CRT.

I then accused you of pulling a typical conservative anti-intellectual argument of using CRT as a boogeyman that allows your party to limit teachings of things they find inconvenient. It's dangerous to do so. You then responded with this: 

Ya no kidding.  I never said it was CRT

Yes you did, previously when I asked you to elaborate. 

What you think I did was accuse you of saying that limiting the teaching of slavery was the same as CRT, what I'm accessing your party of doing is lumping things that are incontinent to talk about in with CRT in order to ban the teaching of it. 

• Plus1 4

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The original post was concerning this Tweet:

The original post had a comment from a poster that you didn’t include.   That would provide more context than what you seem willing to share/admit 

51 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

good night, Archy. We will meet again when this exact same thing happens

Sleep tight my friend.  Happy New Year is we don’t speak before.  

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

what I'm accessing your party of doing is lumping things that are incontinent to talk about in with CRT

I don’t think RedDenver (you know the actual poster who put the original info out from a tweet lumping those two things together in the same tweet) is in the same party as me:dunno

• Plus1 1