The Republican Utopia

Maybe crippling our education system, crying about boondoggles like "critical race theory" and "don't say gay" are just stupid controlling wastes of time that other countries don't deal with in their education system.

Also, maybe other countries don't have leaders who love the poorly educated.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

So, they have no logistics, no real understanding of the terrain, no cohesiveness, and they're suffering from broken equipment and communication failures?

Is this the American trucker convoy or Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

DC ‘freedom convoy’ gets defeated by regular traffic for second day in a row

An American truckers’ rally inspired by the self-styled “Freedom Convoy” in Canada fell short of its goal to stifle traffic in the US capital for a second day in a row on Monday.

Plans by the “People’s Convoy” were marred by broken-down trucks as vehicles got separated on a Washington DC highway.

Hundreds of trucks, cars and SUVs had gathered on the highway to protest against the government’s response to coronavirus and the subsequent vaccination mandates.

But the convoy’s promise to be a “huge pain” for the DC metro area fell flat after it took a single lap around I-495 – commonly called the Beltway – which encircles Washington DC on Monday afternoon, and did not cause slowdown.

The truckers and a group of vehicles with upside-down American flags ended up lost amid the highway’s substantial traffic. Besides, some semi-trucks and pickup vehicles also broke down, adding to the organisers’ misery.

A white pickup truck’s hood flipped open on the Greenbelt area in the afternoon and some of the vehicles broke down near the Temple Hills and Landover exits, according to The Daily Beast.

The group’s goals are unclear. Organisers have said they want an end to the national emergency enacted shortly after the coronavirus hit the US, as well as the lifting of mask and vaccine mandates.

However, as almost every state has rolled back or plans to lift their masking requirements and the federal government has lifted its own, the group’s aims appear to have shifted to a general protest of the Joe Biden administration.

On Sunday, the convoy drove a lap around the 64-mile Beltway though some ended up lost amid the highway’s substantial traffic.

Organiser Brian Brase had vowed to “escalate” the group’s offensive and called on truckers to take up the entire two lanes of Beltway after Sunday's short-lived rally.

The organisers remain optimistic and said they will “hold the line”.

• Oh Yeah! 1
58 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So, they have no logistics, no real understanding of the terrain, no cohesiveness, and they're suffering from broken equipment and communication failures?

Is this the American trucker convoy or Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

DC ‘freedom convoy’ gets defeated by regular traffic for second day in a row

An American truckers’ rally inspired by the self-styled “Freedom Convoy” in Canada fell short of its goal to stifle traffic in the US capital for a second day in a row on Monday.

Plans by the “People’s Convoy” were marred by broken-down trucks as vehicles got separated on a Washington DC highway.

Hundreds of trucks, cars and SUVs had gathered on the highway to protest against the government’s response to coronavirus and the subsequent vaccination mandates.

But the convoy’s promise to be a “huge pain” for the DC metro area fell flat after it took a single lap around I-495 – commonly called the Beltway – which encircles Washington DC on Monday afternoon, and did not cause slowdown.

The truckers and a group of vehicles with upside-down American flags ended up lost amid the highway’s substantial traffic. Besides, some semi-trucks and pickup vehicles also broke down, adding to the organisers’ misery.

A white pickup truck’s hood flipped open on the Greenbelt area in the afternoon and some of the vehicles broke down near the Temple Hills and Landover exits, according to The Daily Beast.

The group’s goals are unclear. Organisers have said they want an end to the national emergency enacted shortly after the coronavirus hit the US, as well as the lifting of mask and vaccine mandates.

However, as almost every state has rolled back or plans to lift their masking requirements and the federal government has lifted its own, the group’s aims appear to have shifted to a general protest of the Joe Biden administration.

On Sunday, the convoy drove a lap around the 64-mile Beltway though some ended up lost amid the highway’s substantial traffic.

Organiser Brian Brase had vowed to “escalate” the group’s offensive and called on truckers to take up the entire two lanes of Beltway after Sunday's short-lived rally.

The organisers remain optimistic and said they will “hold the line”.

What a bunch of idiots.

If trucks are breaking down, hmmmm.....sounds like there should be a DOT inspection.

Grisham told “The View’s” co-hosts, “I think (Trump) feared (Putin). I think he was afraid of him. I think that the man intimidated him. Because Putin is a scary man, just frankly, I think he was afraid of him. I also think he admired him, greatly. I think he wanted to be able to kill whoever spoke out against him. So, I think it was a lot of that. In my experience with him, he loved the dictators; he loved the people who could kill anyone, including the press.”

Seems like just the kind of fellow you'd want to vote for as Leader of the Free World not once, not twice, but three times.  

But gas is expensive.  :facepalm:

So any guesses on who he kills first?  

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Seems like just the kind of fellow you'd want to vote for as Leader of the Free World not once, not twice, but three times.  

But gas is expensive.  :facepalm:

So any guesses on who he kills first?  

It was clear to anyone paying attention that Trump feared Putin after their private romantic date in Helsinki.  Just watch the press conference.  

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It was clear to anyone paying attention that Trump feared Putin after their private romantic date in Helsinki.  Just watch the press conference.  

That one moment, when the President of the United States told the world he trusted Vladimir Puting over the consensus of the entire U.S. intelligence infrastructure, should have been the impeachable offense. You didn't need to know anything more about Donald Trump.

But who knew in 2018 that Trump had only scratched the surface of what a s#!tty human and awful danger he was. 

Still waiting for a Trump voter to defend this man. I'm not even sure he's a man anymore -- just a mythological creature who infuriates libs with colorful tales.

Guess that's enough.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
39 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Quite the day for the Party of Law and Order.   I'm almost glad the cops didn't kneel on his neck for 15 minutes and claim it's was the fentanyl that killed him. 

They think they are above the law - esp on normal things like  driving wt revoked licenses, having sex wt underage girls, storming the capital, etc  

• Plus1 1

Imagine if the gays came to power in America and decided that, because of their whackadoo beliefs, heterosexual marriage was no longer valid. 

I have several friends whose marriages are threatened by these evil people. Makes me sick to my stomach that they conveniently ignore the founding bedrock of our nation, "...that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..."

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 11:53 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

That one moment, when the President of the United States told the world he trusted Vladimir Puting over the consensus of the entire U.S. intelligence infrastructure, should have been the impeachable offense. You didn't need to know anything more about Donald Trump.

But who knew in 2018 that Trump had only scratched the surface of what a s#!tty human and awful danger he was. 

Still waiting for a Trump voter to defend this man. I'm not even sure he's a man anymore -- just a mythological creature who infuriates libs with colorful tales.

Guess that's enough.

Careful, the conservative members of this board along with 10s of millions of people saw this and voted for him... again!