The Republican Utopia

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

https://www.cookpolitical.com/2020-national-popular-vote-tracker

Man, the D's could flat out own elections.  Just with 1.5 million moving out of Cali to other "strategic" states.

They would control Bama, Alaska, Ark (horrible state) and Texas.

I am for the popular vote, the electoral vote sort of needs to go away.

I've never heard of this group. "Cook Politlcal?"

How long have you been following these folks?

7 hours ago, teachercd said:

So, correct me if I am wrong, but if D's really walked the walk, they would move into certain areas, vote, and make sure they got the person they wanted in office...

But...they either don't realize that or don't really want to move because, like most people, we put ourself first.

I would imagine a few million D's moving to Texas could flip that state.  

Texas is slowly turning blue, pretty likely by the 2032 or 2036 election. Once that happens, Dems will stand a good chance of winning the Presidency. Again, this isn't just an American phenomenon. People moving to cities is a worldwide problem.

Furthermore, they are moving to those states and voting. However, some of the fastest growing states in the country are so conservative that even with their high rate of growth, it'll take decades for the states to flip. Utah, Idaho and Montana are examples. 

There isn't much a Democrat running for President can do about this. With each election cycle, the popular vote margins a Democrats need to win by increases by 1-2%.

For example, in  2016 the Electoral College bias was R+2.2%. HC won by only 2.1% and narrowly lost. In 2020, the bias increases to R+4.3%  Biden won by 4.4% an narrowly won.

If these trends continue, in 2024 the D candidate will have to win by 5.5% or more, margins that simply are not possible. By 2028, it could be 6.5% and so on.

5 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'd highly consider a vote for Elon if he were eligible to run, but he's one of the people I think can have a lot greater positive impact continuing to do what he's already doing.

As a classic Libertarian, Elon successfully leveraged his knowledge and skills to build his company to fill an important niche in an established industry. 

You know, after his $465,000,000 loan from the Department of Energy, which he doesn’t like to mention. Free market capitalism working at its finest.

https://www.energy.gov/lpo/tesla#:~:text=In January 2010%2C the Department,for powering specially designed all-

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Texas is slowly turning blue, pretty likely by the 2032 or 2036 election. Once that happens, Dems will stand a good chance of winning the Presidency. Again, this isn't just an American phenomenon. People moving to cities is a worldwide problem.

Furthermore, they are moving to those states and voting. However, some of the fastest growing states in the country are so conservative that even with their high rate of growth, it'll take decades for the states to flip. Utah, Idaho and Montana are examples. 

There isn't much a Democrat running for President can do about this. With each election cycle, the popular vote margins a Democrats need to win by increases by 1-2%.

For example, in  2016 the Electoral College bias was R+2.2%. HC won by only 2.1% and narrowly lost. In 2020, the bias increases to R+4.3%  Biden won by 4.4% an narrowly won.

If these trends continue, in 2024 the D candidate will have to win by 5.5% or more, margins that simply are not possible. By 2028, it could be 6.5% and so on.

I wonder why Ds running for President don’t encourage people to move and use the system to their advantage.  It would benefit them so much.