The Republican Utopia

10 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Am in Michigan. This is unfortunate. We were central in the bulwark of states that prevented a second Trump term, an effort I put a fair amount of my personal time into, and Republicans are such a bunch of ridiculous babies this is their solution rather than accepting they lost.

Efforts like this are why they've got such a stranglehold on state-level politics in so many states around the country. But it's also as direct example of them becoming more and more radicalized and less tethered to objective reality as you'll find.

When push comes to shove it's going to be really unpleasant when they finally pull the mask off and just go for the authoritarian power grab they've been slowly shuffling towards for the past decade and a half. 

It'll be great for the GOP and terrible for the rest of America.

You couldn't be more correct. The GOP is going to destroy America, but sadly, there's almost nothing that will stop their voters from showing up to the polls and voting for a Republican. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You couldn't be more correct. The GOP is going to destroy America, but sadly, there's almost nothing that will stop their voters from showing up to the polls and voting for a Republican. 

Lindstrom  is an “extreme” Republican for Gov of NE.  He supposedly supports no exceptions for abortions.

Yet, he is chastised for being too liberal.  This stuff don’t make sense!

When is primary day for y'all back in the homeland? And have any of you decided if there's any of these clowns you can support yet? Admittedly I'm not following the candidates at all but seems like it's your standard race to the right to prove who can be the biggest, baddest conservative.

Herbster's the total slimeball Trump wannabe. Pillen is Team Ricketts' pick which means he's probably awful. Lindstrom seemed like the least bad choice which means he's probably a distant third, right?

If I'm being totally honest I used to just find the GOP personally unappealing. Now it's pretty scary for the country where the party is headed. And they gaslight the s#!t out of anyone who dares bring it up... or just try to whatabout to another subject. Follow the shiny red ball, voters...

2 hours ago, admo said:

Very likely, this a political plot coming from the left. 

Liberal motivation and corruption only needs a hateful visual and some words, to make people anti-Disantis / conservative / republican. 

People usually believe everything they see and hear.  And this is corrupt politics from the left.  As if they've never been dirty before.  

Even if your anti occam's razor speculation is true, why would left-wing folks stage this and why would it work? What climate do we live in where it's entirely and easily believable that MAGA Republicans are larping as neo-nazis?

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Even if your anti occam's razor speculation is true, why would left-wing folks stage this and why would it work? What climate do we live in where it's entirely and easily believable that MAGA Republicans are larping as neo-nazis?

A fake one 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

A fake one 

Evidently the GOP believes the "fake news" too...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/gop-leaders-denounce-greene-gosar-speaking-white-nationalist-event-rcna18050

Even some high-profile Trump allies said they were disgusted. Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tweeted that Greene was “playing footsie” with “anti-Semitic neo-Nazis." And Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., the head of the conservative Republican Study Committee, also did not mince words.

11 hours ago, admo said:

This is hateful imagery, that we have not seen in our country for decades and decades, 

Maybe you have not seen it for decades, because you either weren't paying attention, or simply ignoring it. This hateful imagery has always been there, hiding in plain sight. Many of us didn't realize how bad it was, but it was always there. 

11 hours ago, admo said:

but has now shown it's ugly head in the past few years? 

Trump used hate and vitriol toward marginalized communities as a campaign tactic, and he was successful. Seeing this, hate and racism has truly been emboldened since 2016, and the purveyors of this rhetoric and conduct have been empowered to no longer hide or downplay their ignorance.

10 hours ago, admo said:

But also, there is some down and dirty racists still in our land (Nazi a$$h@!es, mexicans that hate gringos, blacks that hate whites).  2/3rds of those group likely vote democrat by the way. 

Soooo, you acknowledge that racists are prevalent, but in your mind, most of the victims are white folks. Amazing.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, admo said:

This is hateful imagery, that we have not seen in our country for decades and decades, but has now shown it's ugly head in the past few years?  I have a hard time believing that.  

Wut?  So that means it's a liberal plot? 

How about we Occam's Razor this thing and realize that this type of crap has been brewing, and dare I might say, condoned from the far right-wing media and elected officials over the past decade.  See Paul Gosar, MTG, Nick Fuentes, and TFG.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, funhusker said:

But for the theory to work, we have to admit Americans feel it is more likely for Republican voters to wave Nazi flags.  Why is that?

I've said it before, but in my opinion, many Republicans appear fine putting their eggs in the same basket as confederates, anti-semites and ethno-nationalists, and often just don't like the association being pointed out.

Now, I'm not saying Republicans as a whole explicitly support those groups, but we know those groups exist in the Republican base. And instead of taking a proactive approach to ostracizing and eliminating these elements, those elements are either too often catered to, ignored, or targeted as some kind of smear campaign.

And Republican leaders often reinforce this view. I mean just look at how DeSantis responded to the last time a bunch of neo-Nazis caused trouble in Florida. He said the bi-partisan call to denounce the situation was a smear campaign and that Democrats were trying to exploit the situation for political gain. He largely made it seem like it wasn't worth his time. Meanwhile, if he found out a 2nd grade teacher was telling their class it's OK to have two dads, he'd probably have a quote and press release ready within hours to make a massive deal out of it.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Evidently the GOP believes the "fake news" too...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/gop-leaders-denounce-greene-gosar-speaking-white-nationalist-event-rcna18050

Even some high-profile Trump allies said they were disgusted. Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tweeted that Greene was “playing footsie” with “anti-Semitic neo-Nazis." And Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., the head of the conservative Republican Study Committee, also did not mince words.

Meanwhile the Biden admin is arming ACTUAL Nazis in Ukraine because "Russia bad" (which it is, but Ukraine is also a pit of corruption, so...)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1