The Republican Utopia

2 minutes ago, commando said:

i don't think he is defending his position.  it seems the white flag has been presented judging from the lack of response here while he is actively engaged in other threads.

Getting stripped down there, too... :lol:

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

A lot of low-income and aspirational people think a rich man is going to help make them rich.

They tend to forget that a lot of these guys got rich by keeping them poor and not sharing. 

I believe the phrase is "temporarily embarrassed millionaires."

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

A lot of Trump voters don't know the true story of Donald Trump's financial journey.

I will never, ever understand how the Nebraskans I grew up with came to support the celebrity obsessed silver spoon New York billionaire, who inherited and squandered his wealth, took credit for things he never did, blamed everyone else when things went wrong, and refused to pay hardworking contractors because he had enough lawyers to get away with it.

It's literally everything common-sense Nebraskans distrusted in a person. 

Well clearly it was because he was OUR guy!

(I too will never understand the sheer amount of willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance that had to occur for good-natured Nebraskan to flock to the cult of Trump. Clearly not as many did so last time.) :)

How many who were formally in Trump's inner circle have said exactly this, that he is threat to democracy?  And yet there are millions of mouth breathers in our country who would vote him back into office.  It's just baffling.  These people need to actually spend time in authoritarian countries with eyes wide open and see the disparity of the privileged and everyone else.   They'd never make it a day though.  

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Ulty said:

Soooo, you acknowledge that racists are prevalent, but in your mind, most of the victims are white folks. Amazing.

Eh, that's serious gaslighting.  And completely wrong.  Twisting my words into something that wasn't said.  I feel like this was really rude of you, without knowing me.

Reminder, we are just rando talking on a message board, not analyzing every sentence.  I was basically wondering out loud as I type, and not trying to create conspiracy.  This is not Politics 101 or Debate class.  It's a message board.  So I will step down from the court and jurors.  Sorry if I misspoke or mislead you.  That's my bad.  And probably poor choice of words, which I will own up to.

Peace Out

:cheers

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1