The Republican Utopia

On 5/19/2022 at 1:18 PM, knapplc said:

I missed that conservatives have moved their convention to Hungary this year. Why in the world would an American political party hold their convention in a foreign country? 

Well, you see...

The Republican party is an international embarrassment. 

At least they're fun to laugh at while they trip over themselves while they take America down seemingly lower by the day. 

• Haha 1

The party of Small Government and personal liberty sure seems intent on being invasive as heck in the lives of citizens and corporations.

This is going to require Big Brother type of spying on Americans. Is that really what we want from our government?

Georgia voter laws. Working better than forecasted. Good to hear.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/21/voting-is-surging-georgia-despite-controversial-new-election-law/

“After three weeks of early voting ahead of Tuesday's primary, record-breaking turnout is undercutting predictions that the Georgia Election Integrity Act of 2021 would lead to a fall off in voting.”

"To go in there and vote as easily as I did and to be treated with the respect that I knew I deserved as an American citizen — I was really thrown back,"

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

7 hours ago, nic said:

Georgia voter laws. Working better than forecasted. Good to hear.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/21/voting-is-surging-georgia-despite-controversial-new-election-law/

“After three weeks of early voting ahead of Tuesday's primary, record-breaking turnout is undercutting predictions that the Georgia Election Integrity Act of 2021 would lead to a fall off in voting.”

"To go in there and vote as easily as I did and to be treated with the respect that I knew I deserved as an American citizen — I was really thrown back,"

Amazing the voting world didn’t come to end.   

• Plus1 2

I don't even know how you'd conduct a civil war in the U.S. Things aren't divided very neatly geographically. If someone wants to take over they can just do a better job than Trump did Jan. 6. It's much more likely we have something happen like in Russia where someone just stays in power forever and we continue to have "elections."

46 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Anti-democratic things are bad actually.

I remember reading through Georgia’s voting law or at least various summaries of it. It was fine from what I read. The complaints were not very justified. Of course, I am a person who only wants citizens who can legally vote to vote.  Texas had some bad stuff in theirs. They removed some of it, but I am not sure where it ended up.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1