The Republican Utopia

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

I don’t understand why they’re being associated in the first place. Is there some context I don’t know about?

Likely, a statistically insignificant number of people are taking their children to drag bars (which, in most places I’ve seen, almost always require entrants to be of legal age in whatever municipality they’re in, or at least 16 years of age).

Just seems like another baseless opportunity to trigger a voting base over something that’s not really a thing right?

Your last paragraph says it all. 

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

I don’t understand why they’re being associated in the first place. Is there some context I don’t know about?

Likely, a statistically insignificant number of people are taking their children to drag bars (which, in most places I’ve seen, almost always require entrants to be of legal age in whatever municipality they’re in, or at least 16 years of age).

Just seems like another baseless opportunity to trigger a voting base over something that’s not really a thing right?

I think she knows her constituents and many republicans need to be told what to do and what not do (ingesting bleach is bad, Getting vaccinated is good, etc).  So, I’d say Rep Bobbert is just providing guidance.  

55 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

The pillow man speaks on the Georgia Republican Primary.  Very important stuff here.

Wish someone would smother him with his own shitty pillow

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Can someone explain the purpose of this?  Almost 40 years since the crime was committed.  Even if you're pro death penalty, does this really help anyone?  It cost the citizens way more to keep this guy on death row the past 40 years than if he just had life without parole.

When I used to support the death penalty, the cost issue was what started making me change my mind.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can someone explain the purpose of this?  Almost 40 years since the crime was committed.  Even if you're pro death penalty, does this really help anyone?  It cost the citizens way more to keep this guy on death row the past 40 years than if he just had life without parole.

When I used to support the death penalty, the cost issue was what started making me change my mind.

Is the difference in cost between death row and gen pop that much different? Honestly don't know.

27 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Is the difference in cost between death row and gen pop that much different? Honestly don't know.

https://ejusa.org/resource/wasteful-inefficient/#:~:text=More than a dozen states,comparable non-death penalty cases.&text=The most rigorous cost study,comparable non-death penalty case.

• More than a dozen states have found that death penalty cases are up to 10 times more expensive than comparable non-death penalty cases.1
  • The most rigorous cost study in the country found that a single death sentence in Maryland costs almost $2 million more than a comparable non-death penalty case. Before ending the death penalty, Maryland spent $186 million extra to carry out just five executions.2 A similar study showed that California has spent over $4 billion extra for the death penalty since 1978.3
  • A study in North Carolina looked at cases in 2005 and 2006 and concluded that repealing the death penalty could have saved the state nearly $22 million in just those two years.4

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1