The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Guess asking for that pardon wasn't necessary. 

I ask for pardons for things I've never done too! 

If he did indeed ask for a pardon for this based on another  unconfirmed report than yes, the career Prosecutors thought it to be unnecessary too.  

I don’t care much for Geatz either, just think it’s funny all the folks who convicted him

based on unconfirmed newspaper reports.  It’s like Russia collusion hoax all over again.  

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
43 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If he did indeed ask for a pardon for this based on another  unconfirmed report than yes, the career Prosecutors thought it to be unnecessary too.  

I don’t care much for Geatz either, just think it’s funny all the folks who convicted him

based on unconfirmed newspaper reports.  It’s like Russia collusion hoax all over again.  

If by that you mean the guy he was with - Joel Greenberg - who venmo'd numerous young women various sums with strange captions, plead guilty to 6 charges, including sex trafficking of a minor.

But he does have a glorious R next to his name, it therefore must be the case that is a collision hoax. I mean, sure, everybody in the guys orbit is a scumbag, and maybe a guy he traveled with frequently with young women plead guilty to sex trafficking, but no sir. Not Matt Gaetz! 

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If by that you mean the guy he was with - Joel Greenberg - who venmo'd numerous young women various sums with strange captions, plead guilty to 6 charges, including sex trafficking of a minor.

But he does have a glorious R next to his name, it therefore must be the case that is a collision hoax. I mean, sure, everybody in the guys orbit is a scumbag, and maybe a guy he traveled with frequently with young women plead guilty to sex trafficking, but no sir. Not Matt Gaetz! 

I have no idea if he did or didn’t do anything illegal.  However, the career Prosecutors of the FBI have said they aren’t  likely to get a conviction and have recommended  against charges.   Whether it’s an R or D next to the time matters none.  

So now I will ask, with all this evidence you apparently have, why didn’t the FBI press charges?  I would assume they have quite a bit more than what you picked up sleuthing over the Internet :dunno

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I have no idea if he did or didn’t do anything illegal.  However, the career Prosecutors of the FBI have said they aren’t  likely to get a conviction and have recommended  against charges.   Whether it’s an R or D next to the time matters none.  

So now I will ask, with all this evidence you apparently have, why didn’t the FBI press charges?  I would assume they have quite a bit more than what you picked up sleuthing over the Internet :dunno

I'm wondering why Biden's son isn't receiving the same type of grace...

I mean, we should trust investigators to make appropriate decisions.  Right?

You know, since "R" or "D" matters none.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It could simply be that the money wasn’t transferred from his phone so pinning the trafficking on him would be difficult. However, at the same time they can know he was involved. 

42 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm wondering why Biden's son isn't receiving the same type of grace...

I mean, we should trust investigators to make appropriate decisions.  Right?

You know, since "R" or "D" matters none.

Something like that.  Though I believe Hunter’s investigation is ongoing….so the grace is paused in a way.  Right? 

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It could simply be that the money wasn’t transferred from his phone so pinning the trafficking on him would be difficult. However, at the same time they can know he was involved. 

That’s definitely possible.  It’s also possible the witnesses against him weren’t credible as per the Prosecutors and he didn’t do any illegal. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Good thing nobody was posting about Durham's s#!t show of an investigation while the grand jury was expiring.

The one that exposed the FBI using a described (by themselves BTW) source in order to further a collision investigation that went nowhere except crimes that had nothing to do with the actual original investigation.  OK

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

"Gaetz sent Greenberg (plead guilty to 6 felonies including sex with a minor and sex trafficking of a minor) two suspicious payments, totaling $900, via Venmo late one evening in May 2018. The memo of the first payment was “Test”; the second read “hit up ___,” including the nickname of an 18-year-old woman.... The morning after Gaetz sent the payments, Greenberg transferred sums amounting to $900 to three young women. The memos for the payments were “Tuition,” “School,” and “School."

This guy is a giant pile of s#!t, asked for a pre-emptive pardon, and it's obvious what he did, and you celebrating the lack of charges is typical for a Republican voter. 

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly. 

• Plus1 1