The Republican Utopia

5 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

But your two time choice for president  re-truthed FreeTx1776's post.  That's the point that went zinging over your blessed little noggin. :laughpound

I read your post.  It didn’t go over my little noggin.   If you don’t understand by now that Trump would repost/retweet practically anything that praises him, you haven’t been paying attention.  

• Plus1 2

Just now, Archy1221 said:

I read your post.  It didn’t go over my little noggin.   If you don’t understand by now that Trump would repost/retweet practically anything that praises him, you haven’t been paying attention.  

Correct.  Even posts threatening civil war.  Great choice you made there.  

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

Congressional Kardashian Matt Gaetz' Pledge of Allegiance stunt is just grist for the frothy right mill.

Every session of Congress is opened every day with the Pledge. Gaetz proposed saying it AGAIN, knowing it would get pushback from Democrats who aren't interested in performative time-wasting and just want to get on with the business of the American people. 

• TBH 2

22 hours ago, knapplc said:

The cruelty is the point.

Says a lot about the kind of person who continues to vote for this party.

Maybe a retraction is in order here:dunno

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/reporter-falsely-accuses-republicans-of-heartlessly-trying-to-force-cancer-patient-rep-jamie-raskin-to-take-off-hat/

And yet there is no evidence to suggest that such Republican efforts exist. As Raskin explained to Raw Story, “he was kidding around with that comment.”

In fact, Raskin celebrated the fact that his Congressional colleagues “have been uniformly supportive, Democrats and Republicans, you know, that means a lot to me,” as he said to HuffPost.

Republican Oversight Committee chair Rep. James Comer, when yielding to Raskin, took the moment Wednesday to say “we’re all rooting for you, we know that you’re going to win this battle,” before adding that Raskin was in the entire committee’s “thoughts and prayers.”

“It’s good to see you here today,” said Comer.

• TBH 1

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, I don't necessarily agree with Omar on some issues.  But, taking her off committees is total BS when you look at the people that McCarthy is putting ON the committees

Dems made the rules last time now they have to live with them.  I would prefer the minority party picks their committee members without majority party input.   But the Dems decided that wasn’t the way to play so now we have this. 

• TBH 2