The Republican Utopia

5 minutes ago, commando said:

if ron is against something he makes a big deal of it.   if he supports it but it would look bad to support it he keeps silent.   

IDK if that’s entirely accurate. He publicly supports lots of things that look bad. Just sayin. :D

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Do you have a point here :dunno

Filidorski is trying to make it a DeSantis thing when it’s a Florida politician thing 

Has DeSantis come out with a veto threat or indicated has lack of support?

In a strange hypothetical and this passes and is signed into law by DeSantis, would you still support him?

Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

In a strange hypothetical and this passes and is signed into law by DeSantis, would you still support him?

1) it won’t pass, as you already know.  

2) I would support him over Trump/Biden (his totality of work outweighs this theoretically but never gonna happen decision) but it would make me look around at Scott or Youngkin 

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Is it not a Linda Stewart thing?

Maybe it’s a Victor Torres thing :dunno

• Plus1 2

42 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Yep!

But I'm not going to call you a "complete idiot" for mentioning these names and trying to "make it about" them.

And for good reason.   I wasn’t the one who deliberately left of the next few words from an article that say the proposed law applies to all politicians.  Filidorski is giving his minions the impression that this law is really just geared for the Governor by deliberately leaving that info out of his tweet.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

And for good reason.   I wasn’t the one who deliberately left of the next few words from an article that say the proposed law applies to all politicians.  Filidorski is giving his minions the impression that this law is really just geared for the Governor by deliberately leaving that info out of his tweet.  

But you did say it wasn't a Desantis thing when it clearly pertains to the Governor of Florida too.

How is your "spin" different than "Filidorski"?

Neither of you are wrong, unless you really think this law wouldn't effect the coverage of Desantis.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm heading to Florida tomorrow!

Will report back if I see anything disturbing and tyrannical. 

Try and say the word Gay while you are out there.  I heard they passed a law that says you can’t say that word according to all kinds of press releases and Huskerboard posters.  

let us know how it goes!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The Republican Party.  The party of great ideas.  

Maybe we can ship the Jews, Japs, and brown people there.

Dude's clearly been hanging out with the Saudis too long with all this talk of building new cities, and he continues to show he's a f#&%ing moron. Federal lands include national parks, military bases, and reservations. You're not getting rid of those. I would also be pretty confident that the majority of federal lands start at the Rockies and move west near the coast. That's arid land that's not great for much. Not to mention, who the hell is going to fund these cities and the required infrastructure???

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Maybe we can ship the Jews, Japs, and brown people there.

Dude's clearly been hanging out with the Saudis too long with all this talk of building new cities, and he continues to show he's a f#&%ing moron. Federal lands include national parks, military bases, and reservations. You're not getting rid of those. I would also be pretty confident that the majority of federal lands start at the Rockies and move west near the coast. That's arid land that's not great for much. Not to mention, who the hell is going to fund these cities and the required infrastructure???

Yeah. Thought about the funding. So much for fiscal conservatives. 

I would also love to know the laws they would put in place. Or, do freedom cities not have any laws?