The Republican Utopia

These folks should have to give up their pensions and life time benefits before taking them away from the rest of us.  Methinks they'd  think twice...

course as I write this I realize we have a lot working until they're in their 90's so maybe it wouldn't be the deterent I think it would be ...

So, here's this bill that is inspired by some states like Florida.  It's basically Republicans scared that teachers are too woke and groomers because they will use a student's prefered pronouns. So, teachers are being required in some states to use the pronouns of the student for the sex they were when they were born.

So.....this is called the "parent's bill of rights".

What happens if I'm a parent with a transgender student and I want people to use the pronouns of the gender they identify as?  What if I want my kids taught accurate American history that shows the truth about our past?  That's my right as a parent and shouldn't that be protected? 

https://nebraskaexaminer.com/2023/03/09/gop-bill-mandating-federal-parents-bill-of-rights-passed-by-u-s-house-committee/

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Every little dictator needs his own army. 

Oh, 22 other states huh.  but we gotta get that narrative out there :facepalm:

News 6 investigated and found the national guard’s own records show they have capped the number of Florida National Guard troops at 1,200 since 1958, which resulted in Florida ranking 53 out of 54 states and territories when it comes to the number of troops per capita.

Major Gen. John Haas, the assistant adjutant general for the Florida National Guard, admitted to the shortcomings during a recent meeting of the Florida Senate Committee on Military and Veterans Affairs.

“We will always be challenged as long as we are an undersized formation,” he told the committee.

Twenty-two other states have supplemented the national guard with their own state guard forces.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1