The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, GSG said:

What's the point of asking him questions if she's just going to verbal diarrhea all over the microphone? 

I always marvel that these people maintain their composure in the face of aggressive idiots. I wouldn't fare so well myself. Barely avoided a HB ban from the mods this week.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I always marvel that these people maintain their composure in the face of aggressive idiots. I wouldn't fare so well myself. Barely avoided a HB ban from the mods this week.  

I wouldn't either. I'd be real quick to tell them to FO and stop wasting everybody's time. 

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

These people don't ask questions with the purpose of actually learning something.  They ask questions as a way to make a political statement.  They don't give a crap about what the real facts are.

One of my biggest gripes about politicians and political hearings.  Both parties are at fault here 

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's like they all just want to get a clip for Twitter or some campaign ad. Annoying.

Honestly I think politicians are truly thinking about how these hearings and how they handle witnesses look for future campaigns and viral clips, then they get on whatever their chosen cable news program is.

To play devils advocate a bit though, most of the witness’s in these hearings now a days don’t say squat and just try to poke around the edges with their answers, or “ don’t recall, to the best of my memory, can’t answer it’s an ongoing investigation, too classified” or just have so long winded answers that say nothing to take up the time limit of the questioner.  This especially happens with Government witness’s.  

would love to get honest questions and people actually answer those questions.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

To play devils advocate a bit though, most of the witness’s in these hearings now a days don’t say squat and just try to poke around the edges with their answers, or “ don’t recall, to the best of my memory, can’t answer it’s an ongoing investigation, too classified” or just have so long winded answers that say nothing to take up the time limit of the questioner.  This especially happens with Government witness’s.  

Hmmmm...I guess I haven't seen that in hearings I've watched in the last few years.