The Republican Utopia

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So the spin is that Fox betrayed Tucker Carlson? 

And that the smug, self-promoting little propagandist deserves defending? 

I would never defend the motives of Fox News, but for whatever reason they did this they stand to lose money and field the ugliest customer feedback imaginable. 

It's obviously linked to the just-settled Dominion suit, but I'm not clear how those pieces fall into place. 

It may be an attempt to mitigate their damages in the upcoming Smartmatic lawsuit, which, per the evidence released in the Dominion lawsuit, Fox is assuredly going to lose, and assuredly going to pay an even higher settlement. Maybe they're hoping divesting themselves of Tucker (and possibly Baritromo soon) will lessen that damage.

Just saw that Fox's stock value has plummeted in the wake of the Tucker news. #findingout

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

It's Megyn Kelley.  That pretty much says it all.

Yeah, but I'm betting Fox News viewers will quickly align with Megyn and Tucker, and against Fox News itself. 

I don't watch Fox News, even for schadenfreude, but I'm really curious what Hannity, Ingram, and Gutfeld! will or won't say about this.  

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, but I'm betting Fox News viewers will quickly align with Megyn and Tucker, and against Fox News itself. 

I don't watch Fox News, even for schadenfreude, but I'm really curious what Hannity, Ingram, and Gutfeld! will or won't say about this.  

If they were smart, they'd keep their mouth shut at change how they make up crap for their shows.  But....I don't think they will do what's smart.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

schadenfreude

I match your schadenfreude & raise it with an epicaricacy   

But to your point:  I wonder if Hannity, Ingram or Gutfeld change their tune at all.  I cannot stand Gutfeld whenever I get a glimpse of him on TV (typically on the TVs at the gym). Comes across as condescending, cocky, and fake.   Ingram and Hannity are just Trump apologists.  Trump can do no wrong.  I don't watch Fox, even for the epicaricacy,  so I can only hope there is some moderation of their cultism.  

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think this is all tied together. It’s possible that CNN (even though they are not equal to Fox) sees the settlement numbers and wants to get rid of the worst offender of partisanship on their network. 

Opening up a slot for Carlson to slide right in

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think this is all tied together. It’s possible that CNN (even though they are not equal to Fox) sees the settlement numbers and wants to get rid of the worst offender of partisanship on their network. 

WELLLLLLLL  maybe will will see a moderation of tone on these political oped shows.  

• Oh Yeah! 1

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If they were smart, they'd keep their mouth shut at change how they make up crap for their shows.  But....I don't think they will do what's smart.

I think they will do exactly what the legally-vetted script crafted by Fox corporate last night tells them to do.