The Republican Utopia

41 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I match your schadenfreude & raise it with an epicaricacy   

But to your point:  I wonder if Hannity, Ingram or Gutfeld change their tune at all.  I cannot stand Gutfeld whenever I get a glimpse of him on TV (typically on the TVs at the gym). Comes across as condescending, cocky, and fake.   Ingram and Hannity are just Trump apologists.  Trump can do no wrong.  I don't watch Fox, even for the epicaricacy,  so I can only hope there is some moderation of their cultism.  

This is the tricky part, and its a web that keeps reweaving itself. 

Rupert Murdoch did not want Trump in 2016, was forced to live with him for five years, then -- not wanting Trump in 2024 — tried shifting the network to pimp Ron DeSantis. That didn't take and probably backfired completely. Meanwhile, Tucker Carlson's private texts spoke of Trump in the worst possible terms: he "passionately hates" Donald Trump and "can't wait" to stop covering him. That came out months ago, and apparently did nothing to convince Trump loyalists that Tucker was a traitor. They chose to ignore private Tucker and believe the Trump apologist who spoke to them every night. 

Tucker and Murdoch and perhaps most of the Fox apparatus appeared willing to swallow their dislike of Donald Trump in order to ride out the political and culture war they shared with Trump, and the money that came with it. Now they are caught between lawyers and a cult that is impervious to evidence. As with L. Ron Hubbard, Donald Trump probably doesn't even have to be alive to command his following at this point.

It's a monster Fox fed that could now devour them.

So I'll match your epicaricacy and raise it a Shakespearean (tragedy or comedy still TBD)

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm wondering if management had told Tucker to calm it down and he didn't....so he's gone.

I'm betting it's not about anything Tucker said on-air. 

I don't recall Carlson taking any stance that wasn't replicated or made even worse by the entire Fox News stable of pundits. 

52 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So I'll match your epicaricacy and raise it a Shakespearean (tragedy or comedy still TBD)

Yes, well stated.  The tragedy is that the public has suffered under all of the cultism that has occurred - lives have been lost, a party destroyed (at least destroyed in the view of 'sane' voters) and a nation has been distracted from taking care of real business while it is focused on all things trump.  

A comedy:  Fox gets caught in its own trap. 

Foxes August 2014 - DEVON YURTS Glamping in Style!

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not saying this is a legitimate account and whatever they are going to do is valid.  But, this is something that's very interesting on Twitter right now.

Seems like that will take a lot longer than 50 days

40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not saying this is a legitimate account and whatever they are going to do is valid.  But, this is something that's very interesting on Twitter right now.

If that account wants to name and shame GOP sexual predators, I’m all for it.   I’m quite curious though as to why that account would protect Democrat sexual predators?   One would think, their altruism would cross party lines.  

• TBH 1
27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If that account wants to name and shame GOP sexual predators, I’m all for it.   I’m quite curious though as to why that account would protect Democrat sexual predators?   One would think, their altruism would cross party lines.  

No kidding. If there's one thing we can all cross the party lines on here, it's rooting out actual sexual predators. No need to limit it to just Republicans...

• Plus1 5
38 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Like I said in my post.  I don't know anything about this account.  

I would be perfectly fine if they would do the same for Dems.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The Family Values family being exposed I see.  

• TBH 1