The Republican Utopia

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, I’ll pass on taking a Democrat talking point as a source :lol:

This is real simple. Where are the proposed cuts coming from? Who benefits? Who will they hurt?

Or are you claiming the bill Rs passed wouldn’t cut anything? You’re acting like it’s all superfluous spending yet you don’t know where it’s coming from.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

@Archy1221

Here’s another

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/house-republicans-debt-ceiling-bill-vote/

I mean sure, the Republican bill doesn’t specify where the cuts are coming from specifically. That’s part of their game and yes both sides will twist the unknowns to their benefit. But the cuts would definitely come from somewhere. So you tell me what they’re cutting and what they’re not.

Fortunately we have these things called experience, track record, and latest moves. And then some of us employ common sense and logic to read between the lines. A person would have to have their head pretty far up their own a$$ to not realize where and who the republicans proposed cuts are going to negatively affect. But you can rest easy in your GOP lounge chair because we know they won’t be costing the rich anything. I’m sure they’ll be getting a whole new round of tax breaks if they can find 3 more poor, elderly or disabled persons to f#&% over.

Sony, this article does not say everything will be cut 22% but defense spending like you claim.  Still waiting for an article that says Medicare, social security, and everything else besides defense will be cut.  I don’t even care if the 22% is in there 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Or are you claiming the bill Rs passed wouldn’t cut anything?

When have I EVER said that? 

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You’re acting like it’s all superfluous spending yet you don’t know where it’s coming from.

I am acting like it’s getting spending back to….check notes…..ya just a single year ago spending plus 1%.   Wow.  How will we ever survive.    Oh by the way.   That years spending is roughly 40% more than 2019 spending.   

Are you of the opinion that it’s justifiable to have spending budget increase 40% every 3years?   And I don’t give a s#!t who was in charge of the increases (mixed government btw in case you were asking).  At some point we can’t absorb it all.   

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

When have I EVER said that? 

I am acting like it’s getting spending back to….check notes…..ya just a single year ago spending plus 1%.   Wow.  How will we ever survive.    Oh by the way.   That years spending is roughly 40% more than 2019 spending.   

Are you of the opinion that it’s justifiable to have spending budget increase 40% every 3years?   And I don’t give a s#!t who was in charge of the increases (mixed government btw in case you were asking).  At some point we can’t absorb it all.   

We passed the point we can’t absorb it all a long time ago. Sounds to me like you should be pushing for the rich to be paying their share. 

The problem can’t be addressed from only one side of the ledger. Both revenue and spending need to be accounted for. Checks notes on what Rs have actually done…

Tax cuts for the ultra wealthy.

Program cuts for the neediest.

Soaring deficits when Rs are in control.

Good job :thumbs

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

35 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This is real simple. Where are the proposed cuts coming from? Who benefits? Who will they hurt?

Or are you claiming the bill Rs passed wouldn’t cut anything? You’re acting like it’s all superfluous spending yet you don’t know where it’s coming from.

Psssst…..we are just supposed to trust the Republicans. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

These people are wacko. 

There goes another R confusing education with indoctrination again. They really struggle with multiple syllable words. Might explain why Trump (1) does so well with them. Desantis (3) may have an uphill battle.

• Oh Yeah! 1