The Republican Utopia

18 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Merl's Feed and Grain hasn't gone woke yet so there's that

Welp. I was just about to declare my town went woke.

I received an email from the local chamber.  The email title was "TRAN Coming to Town".

Come to find out it's "Tractor Ride Across Nebraska".

:laughpound

I thought all the local farmers were now going to boycott our entire community.  Come to find out....THEY ARE THE TRAN!!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

48 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I wonder why a Russian spy would be helping a woman who falsely accused Biden of sexual assault to relocate to Russia of all places?  It's not like Russia would want another MAGA administration or anything.  

Things that make you go …hmmm….

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. 

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I wonder what % of these fools want us to default because they think it would be fine. 

A good chunk of the Republican Caucas are 'No' votes on any legislation. 

It turns out that "Gubmint is bad!" as a political gambit means you get morons and grifters in government. Since these people can't be appeased with anything other than the dissolution of government in general, you get what you see today. 

• TBH 2

They'd rather teach kids how to dodge bullets than avoid unwanted pregnancies. 

They're tacitly saying that they aren't going to attempt to prevent school shootings, so here's how to cope with them.

Winnie-the-Pooh teaches kids about mass shootings

Dallas elementary school students were given free copies of a Winnie-the-Pooh book this month. But the book isn't about the delightful imaginary world of Pooh and his friends.

• "Stay Safe," featuring an image of the beloved character on the cover, is about what to do during school shootings.

Why it matters: The book, published by a Houston-based crisis management firm, concerned some parents, who weren't given a warning or context about it and weren't prepared to talk about such a serious topic with children as young as 5, according to the Oak Cliff Advocate. One parent called the book "haunting" and "tone deaf."

• The district later apologized in a statement: "Unfortunately, we did not provide parents any guide or context. We apologize for the confusion and are thankful to parents who reached out to assist us in being better partners."

Details: Using images of Pooh and his friends, which entered the public domain last year, the book attempts to teach kids the concept of "run, hide, fight," the active shooter response recommended by the FBI.

• "If danger finds us, don't stay, run away," reads one line. "If we can't get away, we have to fight with all our might."
  • "When the danger is gone, we should not fuss," reads another. "Instead, wait for a teacher or the police to come and find us."

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Democrats saving Republicans from themselves today is hilarious. 

Republicans are so far gone that their voting base won't tolerate any cooperation with Biden - so Dems had to rescue the agreement.

Isn’t bipartisanship what everyone would like?  The edges of each party complaining and the middle of each party getting stuff done?   

• Plus1 1