The Republican Utopia

42 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Isn’t bipartisanship what everyone would like?  The edges of each party complaining and the middle of each party getting stuff done?   

I think McCarthy thing to negotiate from a position of power, mostly to cut services for the poor, is funny - because his voting baseis too crazy to vote for anything that involves a functioning government. 

If Republicans were normal, actually had policy or had motives outside of "democrats bad", then bipartisanship is good. These Republicans are mostly opportunistic morons with the only interest of causing harm because they think it helps them get elected.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

13 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think McCarthy thing to negotiate from a position of power, mostly to cut services for the poor, is funny - because his voting baseis too crazy to vote for anything that involves a functioning government. 

If Republicans were normal, actually had policy or had motives outside of "democrats bad", then bipartisanship is good. These Republicans are mostly opportunistic morons with the only interest of causing harm because they think it helps them get elected.

Bipartisanship is only good when strangelove says so.  Must be those new rules 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Wait…..I’m sorry, but when someone else posts something from FoxNews you trash it saying we can’t believe anything that comes out of FoxNews.   Do we believe it now or take your earlier advice:dunno

We don't have to trust Fox News to laugh at what Grassley is saying.

• Plus1 2

57 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

We don't have to trust Fox News to laugh at what Grassley is saying.

Apparently some people struggle discerning the difference between what Fox News says and does and direct video proof of what some politician said on Fox.  When they have no leg to stand on, they interject an inapplicable straw man to deflect. Typical.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

But we were assured by a poster hereabouts that Rs wouldn’t consider this, that it was just some manufactured Dem fantasy to trick us. Hmm…somebody is losing credibility day by day.

Yeah.

1) Republicans pass a bill that simply states to cut all spending other than defense.

2) Dems push back because it would cut Medicare, Veterans benefits and SS.

3) We are told the bill doesn't do that because it's not specifically stated in the bill.

4) A completely different bill is negotiated, written up and passed that doesn't cut those things.

5)  We are told, see, it wasn't in the bill. :laughpound (umm. the bill that was passed wasn't the one being discussed previously)

6)  The head Republican comes out after and says, since we didn't get it in this bill, I'm still pledging to fight to cut Medicare and SS.

:facepalm:

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1