I was reading a KSUcks message board the other day, and they have Miami scheduled home/home for 08-09. Their fans were happy and thinking they needed more teams of that caliber instead of scheduling cupcakes each year.

What I found funny is thinking that Miami was probably thinking that exact thing when they scheduled the Puss Cats. 2 easy wins!

I would like to get a home/home series with most of the big 10+1 teams. Good games, and relatively short drives to watch the away game.

I was reading a KSUcks message board the other day, and they have Miami scheduled home/home for 08-09.  Their fans were happy and thinking they needed more teams of that caliber instead of scheduling cupcakes each year. 

What I found funny is thinking that Miami was probably thinking that exact thing when they scheduled the Puss Cats.  2 easy wins!

I would like to get a home/home series with most of the big 10+1 teams.  Good games, and relatively short drives to watch the away game.

I would like a Big Ten team too, but visiting a "southern" school might help with recruiting.

I was reading a KSUcks message board the other day, and they have Miami scheduled home/home for 08-09.  Their fans were happy and thinking they needed more teams of that caliber instead of scheduling cupcakes each year. 

What I found funny is thinking that Miami was probably thinking that exact thing when they scheduled the Puss Cats.  2 easy wins!

I would like to get a home/home series with most of the big 10+1 teams.  Good games, and relatively short drives to watch the away game.

I would like a Big Ten team too, but visiting a "southern" school might help with recruiting.

I'd think beating a Big 10 team would help as well.

personally, id rather play an SEC school. i think it would show the southern recruits that we can smash em up with the high and mighty SEC, who many believe to be the strongest conference in all of college football.

Hmmmm...I think playing a southern school works well for NU only if it is a school located in a state that's a recruiting hotbed - Florida, for example. The odds of pulling a kid out of the south are slim usually - they think Nebraska is akin to the Arctic Circle. The states in which Nebraska would stand the best chance would be one that produces more D-1 recruits than there are D-1 colleges. For that reason, I would favor a Mississippi or Mississippi State. That's a state with three D-1 schools. It seems to always produce a lot of D-1 recruits. And given the performance of its schools, a lot of the recruits leave the state for other schools - the SEC teams are forever plucking Mississippi kids out of the state.

I don't see much advantage to playing most of the other SEC schools, though. If you go through the list, you're going to find that, with the exception of Florida and Mississippi, there are two kinds of states hosting SEC schools:

1. States with sufficient D-1 talent on which the "home" school can base its program, but that has such a following that getting a kid out of the state is damn near impossible. Think Alabama/Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee.

2. States that don't produce much D-1 talent. Think Arkansas and South Carolina.

Again, both Florida and Mississippi produce far more D-1 talent each year than there are D-1 schools. If we were to schedule a southern team, I would like to see a school from either of those states.

personally, id rather play an SEC school.  i think it would show the southern recruits that we can smash em up with the high and mighty SEC, who many believe to be the strongest conference in all of college football.

Hmmmm...I think playing a southern school works well for NU only if it is a school located in a state that's a recruiting hotbed - Florida, for example. The odds of pulling a kid out of the south are slim usually - they think Nebraska is akin to the Arctic Circle. The states in which Nebraska would stand the best chance would be one that produces more D-1 recruits than there are D-1 colleges. For that reason, I would favor a Mississippi or Mississippi State. That's a state with three D-1 schools. It seems to always produce a lot of D-1 recruits. And given the performance of its schools, a lot of the recruits leave the state for other schools - the SEC teams are forever plucking Mississippi kids out of the state.

I don't see much advantage to playing most of the other SEC schools, though. If you go through the list, you're going to find that, with the exception of Florida and Mississippi, there are two kinds of states hosting SEC schools:

1. States with sufficient D-1 talent on which the "home" school can base its program, but that has such a following that getting a kid out of the state is damn near impossible. Think Alabama/Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee.

2. States that don't produce much D-1 talent. Think Arkansas and South Carolina.

Again, both Florida and Mississippi produce far more D-1 talent each year than there are D-1 schools. If we were to schedule a southern team, I would like to see a school from either of those states.

excellent though AR.....maybe Ped will see this and the "light will come on"

hunter :thumbs

2.  States that don't produce much D-1 talent.  Think Arkansas and South Carolina.

yah... but if we do ink a deal to play the Arkansas, we can all crash at your place, right?

Crap. I had to open my mouth...

<Turns to wife and tries to figure out how to tell her that 10,000 screaming, red-clad maniacs will be stopping by for a few days...>

Guest greenbayhusker
personally, id rather play an SEC school.  i think it would show the southern recruits that we can smash em up with the high and mighty SEC, who many believe to be the strongest conference in all of college football.

I agree that we should play strong non-conference games against teams in states that consistently produce talented players. USC is great to have on the schedule (especially two consecutive seasons) because we recieve that much more national attention and recruiting the players in California is that much easier. I would love to have teams like Florida and Florida State, maybe even Miami (FL), on the schedule. The more talented players we can steal from states like California, Florida, and Texas, the more talented our team becomes. Should we beat both/either USC and/or Texas this season, I can't wait to see the recruits come running!

:restore

2.  States that don't produce much D-1 talent.  Think Arkansas and South Carolina.

yah... but if we do ink a deal to play the Arkansas, we can all crash at your place, right?

<Turns to wife and tries to figure out how to tell her that 10,000 screaming, red-clad maniacs will be stopping by for a few days...>

I know that my rv is nice.............but dont be mad we we leave with it in a couple months.... :lol::cheers

I know that my rv is nice.............but dont be mad we we leave with it in a couple months.... :lol::cheers

Starts scanning realtor sites for new house listings...