What to expect after NSD

I know NSD is the big day for football recruiting, but if teams still have spots to fill, aren't they allowed to seek out some JUCO options to fill those spots, or even go after players that may not have signed on NSD for whatever reason. I know we briefly got Jordan Stevenson just before the start of the 2015 season, and I'm wondering if there are other guys out there we could pursue after February 1 that would still be eligible for the 2017 season.

• Fire 1

I don't know why but I just don't buy the we need a bunch of Juco's to fill spots argument. Most of the time it takes them one half or one whole year to get acclimated, and some frankly need a redshirt year. Some do pan out and play well but most our here to add depth or they play if a few people in front of them go down. Unless it is a highly rated Juco(Gregory or Kongo-last year went to Tenn) I would pass. I would say we are better off getting a solid recruit that we can develop 2-3 years rather than taking a risk at a guy who can only be here for two or three years(If they redshirt).

Now to the op more, I agree with Minn husker and we could maybe go after some big d-lineman transfers or some cornerback/ safety transfers that may not happen until after spring ball. Seniors usually know after this time if they will play or if they are there just to provide depth at a position. If we don't get our big bodied Wideout like we had hoped, we might also look into that option if it is available. Basically all of these could happen or won't happen it just depends on what happens on NSD!

If the juco players were worth a darn they would have signed with everyone else.

It will be interesting to see if we go after any grad transfers this year. Last year we pushed hard for a DT who ended up at USC.

sometimes academics are the problem or legal issues. Cam Newton comes to mind

If the juco players were worth a darn they would have signed with everyone else.

It will be interesting to see if we go after any grad transfers this year. Last year we pushed hard for a DT who ended up at USC.

Did Cam sign after signing day?

Im not advocating not taking any jucos. I'm talking about jucos enrollees that didn't sign on signing day (or in Dec).

• Fire 1

Did Cam sign after signing day?

Im not advocating not taking any jucos. I'm talking about jucos enrollees that didn't sign on signing day (or in Dec).

That would make sense in this thread I suppose, excuse my 2nd grade comprehension skills lol

Stanley Jean-Baptiste joined UNL in the summer, seemingly out of nowhere as I recall. I think last year is an indication we might consider a graduate transfer post spring. That's also when some more shake out after things become clear in the spring on teams' depth charts.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste joined UNL in the summer, seemingly out of nowhere as I recall. I think last year is an indication we might consider a graduate transfer post spring. That's also when some more shake out after things become clear in the spring on teams' depth charts.

I think that's possible, but they would either need to be a 5 star talent (unlikely) or an ideal NT or OLB pass rush threat.

Matt Slauson was a summer add too IIRC.