Immigration Ban

Quote taken from Reddit that seems pretty relevant:

“Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that 'all men are created equal.' We now practically read it, 'all men are created equal, except negroes.' When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read, 'all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.' When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty—to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.”

― Abraham Lincoln, Speeches and Writings, 1832-1858

While I am pro America (Not a Trump advocate), let me ask this.

Why is it we are not 'banning Saudi, or Qatar if this was all about Islam or Muslims?

While I am at it, why don't those two and Egypt allow refugees of their Islamic beliefs?

Does any of this offend anyone or can anyone see the hypocrsy here or?

• Fire 1

If this isn't about Islam or Muslims, why ban anybody in the first place?

If this isn't about Islam or Muslims, why does the ban only include Muslim countries, even if not all of them?

If this isn't about Islam or Muslims, why has Donald Trump said dozens of times that it is about Muslims?

• Fire 5

Trump fires acting US Attorney General

WASHINGTON — President Trump fired his acting attorney general on Monday after she defiantly refused to defend his immigration executive order, accusing the Democratic holdover of trying to obstruct his agenda for political reasons.
Taking action in an escalating crisis for his 10-day-old administration, Mr. Trump declared that Sally Q. Yates had “betrayed” the administration, the White House said in a statement.
  • Fire 4

If this isn't about Islam or Muslims, why ban anybody in the first place?

If this isn't about Islam or Muslims, why does the ban only include Muslim countries, even if not all of them?

If this isn't about Islam or Muslims, why has Donald Trump said dozens of times that it is about Muslims?

Hmm, maybe, just maybe, there are certain regions that have a history of radical Islamic activity, therefore, only those areas named as risk are being listed. Maybe, tEgypt, Quater and Saudi Arabia, recognize that while they have the wealth and governmental stability that fleeing Syrians might need and want, they see the risk and have decided to avert the issue by not allowing other Islamic individuals from these high risk areas in as refugees, to protect their people and interest?

Nah!

• Fire 1

Why is radical Islamic activity the only kind we are now interested in?

Why not ban Afghanistan and Pakistan, what with the Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan?

Why aren't we talking about Al Shabaab, who we have deemed to be a global threat?

Why aren't we paying attention to Hezbollah or banning Lebanon, who are anti-American and have members infiltrating foreign governments?

Why didn't Nigeria make the list - Boko Haram, which literally means 'western education is a sin', is headquartered there.

Why do we no longer have any fear of infiltration from Al Qaeda or the Taliban?

What Eastern European terrorist organizations that hate the United States exist that I don't even know about?

• Fire 3

LLOMS,

Could it have to do with the security of countries?

That's OK, play the game! Funny how no one is answering the obvious qs I posted. Wonder why?

Those Saudi's and Egyptians and Others must be racist, or have DT type dictators! The gall they must have not to allow their own into their countries! Shame, Shame, Shame!

• Fire 2

LLOMS,

Could it have to do with the security of countries?

That's OK, play the game! Funny how no one is answering the obvious qs I posted. Wonder why?

Those Saudi's and Egyptians and Others must be racist, or have DT type dictators! The gall they must have not to allow their own into their countries! Shame, Shame, Shame!

I believe you asked why Saudi Arabia isn't letting Syrians in? Are you saying we should model our refugee/immigrant policy after Saudi Arabia's? Also, they have let Syrian refugees in, they've just made it stricter, and they've been given a lot of crap for it by the international community. According to the BBC they've let in 500,000 since 2011.

As for your question on if it's a Muslim ban, why didn't we ban all countries with lots of Muslims... posters have shown a possible reason for that in Trump's business connections. But there is plenty of evidence that it's a Muslim ban, for instance Rudy Giuliani saying that Trump asked him for ways to ban Muslims legally. Trump himself said he'd like to let more Christian refugees in. It's there plain as day if only you'd look.

Trump fires acting US Attorney General

WASHINGTON — President Trump fired his acting attorney general on Monday after she defiantly refused to defend his immigration executive order, accusing the Democratic holdover of trying to obstruct his agenda for political reasons.

Taking action in an escalating crisis for his 10-day-old administration, Mr. Trump declared that Sally Q. Yates had “betrayed” the administration, the White House said in a statement.

betrayed the administration....not the united states.