Immigration Ban

I understand Moiraine, Trump tweaked something that Obama had in place to give favor to the group most persecuted and added 2 countries. But he is giving favor to Christians and since that is a specific religion it isn't the right thing to do and your response is to try to degrade my intelligence...about right? There is no easy answer to the Muslim problem, but I know we shouldn't add thousands more before we clean up our own problems. My problem is with the outrage that has suddenly appeared after Trump was elected, I really don't think the vast majority of people outraged would have batted an eye if it was Clinton who did the exact same thing.

That story reminds me of my daughter who is a freshman at UNL and has joined with a friend and taken on helping a refugee family from Iraq.

She says they are wonderful people with small kids and just need guidance on how to live in the U.S. They are Kurds and were being persecuted in Iraq.

She didn't have the bad preconception the old guy in the article did. But, I am so glad she is doing this and learning through experience how not to fear people not like her.

• Fire 2

It was a day where we could forget crap like politics, religion, a crapping week of work, etc and watch a football game and laugh at all of the funny commercials.

It was ALWAYS a day of corporate opportunism.

Not being or caring about any of the affected immigrants, refugees, and citizens so as to be able to reduce this all to "political crap" that you can demand to avoid dealing with at your leisure...that's an incredible luxury. One I'm not sure it's healthy to indulge.

Certainly you must see the irony of deriding your opponents as "snowflakes" and then complaining in such an extended way that your demands for this privilege of turning a blind eye during The Big GameTM were briefly interrupted by a beer company trying to sell to a broader audience.

I understand Moiraine, Trump tweaked something that Obama had in place to give favor to the group most persecuted and added 2 countries.

This is a dishonest argument. You can do better than to buy into it. Trump's policy and his aims are a startlingly new direction, and you like it. Be open about that.

• Fire 1
had in place to give favor to the group most persecuted and added 2 countries. But he is giving favor to Christians

I understand Moiraine, Trump tweaked something that Obama and since that is a specific religion it isn't the right thing to do and your response is to try to degrade my intelligence...about right? There is no easy answer to the Muslim problem, but I know we shouldn't add thousands more before we clean up our own problems. My problem is with the outrage that has suddenly appeared after Trump was elected, I really don't think the vast majority of people outraged would have batted an eye if it was Clinton who did the exact same thing.

the travel ban stopped the christians as well as the muslims.

I understand Moiraine, Trump tweaked something that Obama had in place to give favor to the group most persecuted and added 2 countries. But he is giving favor to Christians and since that is a specific religion it isn't the right thing to do and your response is to try to degrade my intelligence...about right? There is no easy answer to the Muslim problem, but I know we shouldn't add thousands more before we clean up our own problems. My problem is with the outrage that has suddenly appeared after Trump was elected, I really don't think the vast majority of people outraged would have batted an eye if it was Clinton who did the exact same thing.

The outrage has been there since the second after Trump uttered the words Muslim ban on the campaign trail. Clinton wouldn't have done the exact same thing so your strawman is up in flames. That said, I would have a problem with anyone banning refugees with no credible threat or lapse in security.
  • Fire 1

The outrage has been there since the second after Trump uttered the words Muslim ban on the campaign trail. Clinton wouldn't have done the exact same thing so your strawman is up in flames. That said, I would have a problem with anyone banning refugees with no credible threat or lapse in security.

Not to mention that policy is still on his website! :facepalm:

The Super Bowl for several years/decades was an event where we as fans could enjoy a football game but there were a lot of viewers who tuned in because of the commercials.

It was a day where we could forget crap like politics, religion, a crapping week of work, etc and watch a football game and laugh at all of the funny commercials.

Everyone, fair warning, I guess I'm gonna do one of those things where I make people feel ostracized from the P&R forum by responding with facts.

The quoted is B.S. There have always been political or politically motivated/tinted ad spots during the Super Bowl. Whether it's been Focus on the Family, the White House Anti-Drug office, PETA, Coke's history of multi-culturalism, etc. These messages have been in the game for at least 20 years. No need to get butthurt about it.

• Fire 1

The Super Bowl for several years/decades was an event where we as fans could enjoy a football game but there were a lot of viewers who tuned in because of the commercials.

Everyone, fair warning, I guess I'm gonna do one of those things where I make people feel ostracized from the P&R forum by responding with facts.

The quoted is B.S. There have always been political or politically motivated/tinted ad spots during the Super Bowl. Whether it's been Focus on the Family, the White House Anti-Drug office, PETA, Coke's history of multi-culturalism, etc. These messages have been in the game for at least 20 years. No need to get butthurt about it.

Yes I'm sooo butt hurt....omg it hurts so bad

I understand Moiraine, Trump tweaked something that Obama had in place to give favor to the group most persecuted and added 2 countries. But he is giving favor to Christians and since that is a specific religion it isn't the right thing to do and your response is to try to degrade my intelligence...about right?

No, you don't understand.

You just said I want Muslims to come here but not Christians. You either misinterpreted my simple post or skimmed it and have a wild imagination about what you expected me to have said.

• Fire 2

Somehow I knew if I included that, you would completely ignore being proven wrong and focus on the butt stuff :lol:

I was at a Super Bowl party yesterday and I wasn't the only one who had the same thoughts as my original post.

Somehow I knew if I included that, you would completely ignore being proven wrong and focus on the butt stuff :lol:

I was at a Super Bowl party yesterday and I wasn't the only one who had the same thoughts as my original post.

What a shock. You were with likeminded people.

• Fire 4