Immigration Ban

Senior Congressional Republicans are willing to work with Democrats to keep a program allowing young people who came to America illegally with their parents to stay in the U.S. But Democrats will in return have to give President Donald Trump funding for his border wall.  

And now, with Trump throwing this back to Congress to fix, if it doesn't pass it's because of the obstructionist Democrats.

http://www.newsweek.com/republicans-tell-democrats-well-give-you-daca-if-you-fund-trumps-border-wall-659488

When will the dumb stop??

The wall is one of the stupidest ideas we've ever had from a politician. And the rest of the GOP is jumping on board with it now. What?? There's no GOP now except the Trump version. That's who they are now.

Illegal immigration has been steadily decreasing for YEARS!

I guarantee you these a**holes are going to call the bill the DACA bill, it'll fund the wall by cutting spending on non-stupid things, and when Democrats vote against it because it's awful, they'll say Democrats got rid of DACA.

I really hope there is a Hell.

• Plus1 1

The wall is just a distraction. The GOP needs to flip the page - several pages, actually - from the Obamacare repeal debacle.  They convinced their base that this NEEDS to be done, it isn't going to get done, so the wall stuff flips the script. 

Saw this overnight. Some of the best advice on immigration I've seen in a while.

SuVajhE.jpg

• Plus1 4

My takeaway from this is, Trump is trying to split both parties in two.  Neither the Republicans nor Democrats are smart enough not to deal with Trump. He's playing each against the other, creating chaos the way he's always done within his business.

The best thing Ryan, McConnell, Schumer & Pelosi could do is tell Trump to eff off, build a coalition supermajority, and enact legislation without Trump's taint on it. 

All this is doing is perpetuating the idea that Trump is actually fit for office.  He isn't.  He's using them, they're all trying to use him, but it's everyday Americans who are going to suffer from this unholy mess.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

In other words. Someone blew their wad early. 

I don't think they blew their wad, their statement didn't say the deal was final. I think Schumer and Pelosi were smart here, getting out in front of Trump's habitual lies to memorialize their meeting. "We agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to workout a package of border security, excluding the wall, that's acceptable to both sides." 

DJpi0SVXUAAv2_r.jpg:large

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is just disgusting, and racist in the most basic terms.  In the Civil War, Northern regiments were recruited from people immediately signing when they arrived off immigration boats from Europe. 

Today, Trump is threatening to deport our recruits. 

There you go with your -ists and your -isms Knapp. 

This is why Trump won. 

:sarcasm :dunno